Vera has many uses

    Thread Owner : Sweerie_banana
  • #1

Sweerie_banana

Hi? I live with my mum since I moved back home late last year. She has a garden and we planted some Aloe Vera that is doing so well. We normally pluck pieces and use them in our home. Do you have Vera in your garden? What are some of the times you have used it?

Although it is very bitter, Aloe Vera has many uses. I love using it on my face to clear back heads, for a smooth face, and as a primer to reduce shine. What are some of the uses of aloe vera? When my daughter is suffering from a stomach ache we mix it with water and she has to gulp it down. How horrific? I sometimes have to lick my mouth and the taste coming off them is Vera, so bitter. When my daughter falls down, we rub the liquid on the sore wound.

I love using aloe vera on my hair for long hair. I cannot list all the benefits but grab yourself some Vera you may never regret purchasing it.

Mildredtabitha

we also grow some aloe vera in our compound and i also,use it on my face,hair,and drinking it for my stomach.Aloe vera is so nice.

  • Like
Reactions:Sweerie_banana

We don't have aloe vera at home, I did use some aloe vera in the past, but just briefly, and I stopped because it made my skin itchy as I was using it.

    Thread Owner : Sweerie_banana
  • #4

Sweerie_banana

We don't have aloe vera at home, I did use some aloe vera in the past, but just briefly, and I stopped because it made my skin itchy as I was using it.
It should be itchy initially. That means the process of healing has begun, just don't scratch. The itchiness will reduce after some time. I mostly use it for the benefits I gather from it. You should plant it in your garden. We are in a dry area and the plants are still doing so well. The only bummer is that we have chickens and they roam about the whole compound. They are a nuisance most of the time since I really want to plant more and make more use of my garden. I want to plant trees.

I wasn't able to tolerate the itchy part, so I stopped, I know it's good for the hair but I wasn't keen enough to keep going so I discontinued using it.

    Thread Owner : Sweerie_banana
  • #6

Sweerie_banana

I wasn't able to tolerate the itchy part, so I stopped, I know it's good for the hair but I wasn't keen enough to keep going so I discontinued using it.
Yes, it really treats hair loss while conditioning the hair during the same process. I try and apply as much as possible whenever possible. Usually almost everyday as there are pieces of aloe vera in the kitchen.I think my hair looks more healthy. I will update you as it gets better with time.

So have you tried using the shampoos that have aloe vera in it? I wonder if they are as effective as the plant that you use on your hair.

I also have planted Aloe vera in my window box. I use it occasionally for my face and hair. During hot summer months, I cut strips of white gel inside the leaves and store in fridge as cooling pads for my eyes and face.