Using the weeds as mulch

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

Mulch is ground cover for the roots of the plants and trees. Our backyard is weeded every now and then especially during the rainy season. Aside from the weeds there also grass that I convert into mulch. I just have the pulled grass and weeds dry and after a week I scatter it around the plants to serve as ground cover. I always do that although sometimes I tend to forget during the dry season when there are no grass and weeds around.

I use weeds for mulching as well. As I uproot weeds and grasses, I simply cut them into little pieces and spread them on top of all the plant pots I have. They serve as deterrent to more weeds growing and also act as fertilizers as they decompose.

Yes, you can use weeds as mulch. However, when you are using weed as mulch make sure you remove the roots as well as diseased plants. When you are using weeds with roots as much, weeds can grow back. Likewise, the infected weed can also infect your plants.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
Jeremy

Jeremy

Mulching makes the land more fertile for agricultural produce to germinate very well. Areas where it is needed most is root and tuber crops like yams.