Using the search for discussions

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

I am disappointed when someone in the forum would post a link to prove his point. Obviously the person is relying on the search engine for his information. Now if all of us would rely on the search engines then what is the use of our knowledge? There would be no need to read for we can always get the information from the internet. Some wise guys do that as if they are the most intelligent person in the world. I enjoy a forum when people post their opinion on the subject matter regardless of the accuracy. At least the interaction is natural.

apathy

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
fortreeforums.xyz
It can depend, I totally agree that a lot of the time people throw links and beg for Sources way too much, often in instances where one could just Google it themselves had they any doubts on the claims being made. In these instances all it does is annoy people

That said if someone on this forum started claiming something like bleach cures autism, I probably would ask for multiple sources considering it's clearly dangerous information - I know that claim is nonsense, but someone else reading might not, so I'd ask for sources for the 3rd persons benefit

But overall I agree with you, it's disruptive to the natural flow of conversation and often achieves little than annoying people.

bomb

bomb

I am disappointed when someone in the forum would post a link to prove his point. Obviously the person is relying on the search engine for his information. Now if all of us would rely on the search engines then what is the use of our knowledge? There would be no need to read for we can always get the information from the internet. Some wise guys do that as if they are the most intelligent person in the world. I enjoy a forum when people post their opinion on the subject matter regardless of the accuracy. At least the interaction is natural.
Well said, that makes the two of us. I also hate being re-directed to another website or blog only to get the necessary information.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I do that sometimes when I am not sure of something.
Most of the people I know doesn't want to explain everything. It's better to get basic info to continue the discussion further. That's how I see it and I don't post links unless the other party requests for the same.

If the other person is cool, then I wouldn't do that at all. I will just ask them to explain stuff for me.

Sometimes links are needed to prove one's point, so I don't think that it's out of place. As long as it's within the subject and informative then it's ok.

  • Like
Reactions:sprite1950
Jeremy

Jeremy

I believe everybody has the right to post his or her opinions here, including attachment or any link. It is now our choice to decide to click or not. There are three C in ones life ( chance, choice, and consequence ). I will employ us to apply it in our daily aspects of life.

I will sometimes use a link to back up my own opinion. I think we are allowed to do that as long as it's not just a link and we say what we think on a subject. I think that's perfectly acceptable.

Sweerie_banana

It is just to back up the information given like citations so that you can look it up for more information. At least I take it that way. I don't mind link attachments.