What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Using charcoal for roasting

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
There was a friendly debate in one gathering that I had attended before the covid came to town. The issue is the barbecue that uses charcoal for roasting. If you remember the Christmas song about the chestnuts, we also roast that on charcoal here. Now this question - is the use of charcoal producing air pollution? My answer is yes but it is very minimal unless all of us will be having barbecue every day.

Reactions:nangk08
nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
Human activities are causing pollution. Even things like raising cattle for dairy and meat industry is causing greenhouse gas emission, which is also some sort of pollution. We should concentrate on bigger things when it comes to controlling pollution for example stop using vehicles powered by fossil fuel.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I agree, people use charcoal occasionally and not as a daily practice. More pollution is caused by industries and thousands of vehicles plying on the roads than by charcoal in cooking.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
Using of charcoal produce both air pollution and particulate matter, which is dangerous to human body. Unless if it can be used in a closed system, that the smoke and particulate will not dispersed to the society.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
Yes, it's harmful, but not as harmful as air pollution, so I don't think using charcoal is a bad idea. A lot of food vendors cook barbeque everyday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.