Using apron and toque in the kitchen

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

This practice always escapes me when I am in the kitchen maybe because I am more focused on the food that I will cook. The apron is a protection not only from the mess that the food may cause but also from the flying oil from the pan when frying. The toque or the chef's hat is to avoid loose hair on the food. My habit is to comb my hair vigorously before going to the kitchen. That would assure me that there will be no loose hair. With the apron, I cook wearing casual clothes so maybe that can be an excuse.

I don't think an apron will protect your arms from hot oil. I have never used any of these things. I just hop in the kitchen and do my thing.

Mildredtabitha

I cook with my clothes without putting any apron,and I don't really get myself dirty.