Unopened PayPal account be charged of fee

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
PayPal will be charging its users if their accounts aren't opened or accessed regularly. This is the latest news development I have just come across. This sounds disadvantageous to the account holders.

I totally disagree with system which I believe may affect the inactive users who have seldom or never visited their account.

I have been using PayPal for almost 10 years now. Though they're charging a minimal or reasonable fees from every member who has made a withdrawal. And they charged me for processing of money transfer to my bank account.

Why are they going to impose to their users?

sliara

New Chatterer
Well it seems like they just want to encourage people to log in to their PayPal account, so I think that can be easily avoided by logging in to their account.

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
Well it seems like they just want to encourage people to log in to their PayPal account, so I think that can be easily avoided by logging in to their account.
You have the point to say that to the point that the account holder may be urged if not obliged to log in. But it's not always to do that in reality.

In my case I open my PayPal account when I receive payment as my earning in my online job or if I have to make a withdrawal or transfer of money to my bank account. So it's very clear that I am not compelling myself to do that.

I may sense something similar on what this policy the PayPal has in mind. The bank is charging its clients from their dormant account. If this is their purpose, every user may open as often as he should.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
Top Poster Of Month
I do not regularly login to my Paypal account. That policy is disadvantageous to the users since not all users have the habit of checking their Paypal account especially when there is no money coming in or going out. Perhaps I have to inform my friends about this new policy, if ever that is true, because it is not really good to log in only to discover that your account has a problem due to being dormant. I hope Paypal is not serious in this issue.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
I only get into my paypal when I know there is money in there. These guys are trying to steal our money right from under our noses.

sliara

New Chatterer
It is indeed unfortunate, but we just have to accept it. They are indeed intending to make more money off of us, so we should not forget to log in. It does seem true though, I googled and found another article about it.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
What do they mean by "regularly"? Is it like a once a day or a week thing? Did they make specifics?

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
There should be a clear mention of what exactly is expected of the users because it is quite evident that users log in into their Paypal accounts only when they receive money or want to send money, so do I, I too log in only when I receive a payment. It seems like they want to increase the money they charge their users.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
This is unacceptable. Is there an avenue we can use to make a petition? We need to act now, collect signatures, or something?

Top