Turmeric milk for good health!

    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #1

We always drink hot turmeric milk at night to maintain good health. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and is very good for symptoms of cold, cough, sore throat, body pain and even works in fever. It is a common practice in my country to drink turmeric milk for all minor illnesses and ailments which are easily cured with turmeric milk alone.

I have heard about this herbal plant turmeric that it has a lot of benefits may offer to the users. Before we didn't mind this kind of plant for we are using it as a food coloring in our arroz de valenciana.

Now it seems it has so many beneficial uses. I have already started drinking this. I bought a medium pack of this in the supermarket. I mix 2 spoonfuls of it in hot water. I don't need to add sugar anymore for it's already sweetened. Then I drink during nighttime before I go to bed.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
Lord Saru

Lord Saru

I think Turmeric milk is great. Though I havent consumed it myself due to allergy to all milk products, this is what I used to give my pet pug till 1 years old.

Its great for immunity and preservation of health. You just jave to be careful about the quantity of turmeric you use. Too much can ruin your drink.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #4

About one teaspoon of turmeric for one cup of milk is quite enough. Too much than that will make the milk taste bitter. Apart from turmeric milk, we use turmeric in our daily cooking. Turmeric is used to flavour and color our curries, vegetable prepartions, rice dishes etc.