Transgender Athletes

    Thread Owner : ARx182
  • #1
ARx182

What is your opinion on transgender athletes? Should a trans female (male to female) be allowed to participate in female sports? The obvious argument is that men have physically superior attributes to females, which poses the question of whether it is fair?

It's a no from me. I have no problem with transgender people or the LGBT community, but because of the physical differences between males and females, it is unfair.

I think it depends on when the person transitioned. If they transitioned young enough, then they essentially only went through female puberty and have the same physical attributes of a female. If they went through male puberty first, then yeah, they're going to have physical attributes that only males have, so it doesn't make sense to place them on a level playing field with female athletes. I think there should be a trans category or some way for trans athletes to compete on a level playing field, but I don't know how to level that field, because trans females in the female field is not level, and this isn't coming from a place of dislike, I full support trans women and trans men in being themselves, but you cannot overlook the fact that male to female trans athletes absolutely benefit from male puberty.

Davidisms

Davidisms

A biological male shouldn't be allowed to compete with females and vice versa. It's just not fair. I strongly oppose.