Too much of sanitisers?

    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #1

Nowadays, we see that using sanitisers to clean your hands has become a ritual. In all the shops where we go shopping, sanitisers are kept on foot-operated stands so you do not have to touch anywhere, clean your hands and only then you are allowed to enter inside. You have to follow this so rigorously that on a single shopping trip to buy groceries, food, clothes etc. you have to sanitise yourself for as many as 5-6 times and then again wash yourself thoroughly once you get back home. My concern is, are we getting too much of the disinfectant and how will it affect our health in the long run?

I thought about this topic myself as well. It all depends on what kind and how much chemicals is in these sanitizers. Some people could be allergic to them and might cause a reaction to it. Time will tell.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

I don't think we are getting too much disinfectant with regards to preparing for Covid-19, in fact the overload of disinfectants are good for us.

I agree that there is an adverse effect on our health when using sanitizers too often. Sanitizer or alcohol is a chemical. Yes, it kills germs which means it is toxic. Our skin can get irritated or perhaps it has already been affecting my hands because I have noticed the peeling of the skin of my fingers. I would always prefer to wash my hands with soap and water than use alcohol or sanitizer.

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
  • #6

I don't think we are getting too much disinfectant with regards to preparing for Covid-19, in fact the overload of disinfectants are good for us.
In spite of using sanitisers a lot there are people who are still getting infected with Covid 19 and it is a must to keep our hands clean. However, My concern is about the overdose of chemicals which is getting in our blood, water bodies everywhere. Will it lead to some other issues later on?

In spite of using sanitisers a lot there are people who are still getting infected with Covid 19 and it is a must to keep our hands clean. However, My concern is about the overdose of chemicals which is getting in our blood, water bodies everywhere. Will it lead to some other issues later on?

Have you heard of any case that says that they have been harmed by hand sanitizers? I don't think too much of it can be bad. You can never be harmed from it.

Mildredtabitha

I don't think there will be any effect when you use sanitisers for long.our hands touch a lot of things and there no effect on the hands or the body unless its getting inside your mouth.