• Welcome to The Community

Thoughts on Extinction Rebellion (XR)?

Cumulus

Member
Over here in the UK, and I believe across many parts of Europe/the world too, we have a protest group called Extinction Rebellion who do some quite disruptive things like stopping traffic by gluing themselves to roads, causing mass disruption of public transportation and huge protests which closes streets and town squares.

I believe strongly in climate justice but do believe XR take things a little too far in their protests.

What are your
thoughts?

Alexandoy

Member
What is the main objective of that group, is it about the climate change or the pollution. How can they inject changes in the society when they are building a bad image of their group? For me, any group that espouses disorder and disrupts peace will not gain a headway of support from the public. As a friend said, those rebellious groups are just noisy but if you count them you will see that they are just a handful.

Top