Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Thoughts on Extinction Rebellion (XR)?

Thread Owner : Cumulus
Cumulus

Cumulus

Valued Member
Jan 10, 2021
CB$
Over here in the UK, and I believe across many parts of Europe/the world too, we have a protest group called Extinction Rebellion who do some quite disruptive things like stopping traffic by gluing themselves to roads, causing mass disruption of public transportation and huge protests which closes streets and town squares.

I believe strongly in climate justice but do believe XR take things a little too far in their protests.

What are your
thoughts?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
What is the main objective of that group, is it about the climate change or the pollution. How can they inject changes in the society when they are building a bad image of their group? For me, any group that espouses disorder and disrupts peace will not gain a headway of support from the public. As a friend said, those rebellious groups are just noisy but if you count them you will see that they are just a handful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.