Movies The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

5.00 star(s)
5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Tagline: Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

Genre: Drama, Crime

Director: Frank Darabont

Cast: Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton, William Sadler, Clancy Brown, Gil Bellows, Mark Rolston, James Whitmore, Jeffrey DeMunn, Larry Brandenburg, Neil Giuntoli, Brian Libby, David Proval, Joseph Ragno, Jude Ciccolella, Paul McCrane, Renee Blaine, Scott Mann, John Horton, Gordon Greene, Alfonso Freeman, V.J. Foster, John E. Summers, Frank Medrano, Mack Miles, Alan R. Kessler, Morgan Lund, Cornell Wallace, Gary Lee Davis, Neil Summers, Ned Bellamy, Joe Pecoraro, Harold E. Cope Jr., Brian Delate, Don McManus, Donald Zinn, Dorothy Silver, Robert Haley, Dana Snyder, John D. Craig, Ken Magee, Eugene C. DePasquale, Bill Bolender, Ron Newell, John R. Woodward, Chuck Brauchler, Dion Anderson, Claire Slemmer, James Kisicki, Rohn Thomas, Charlie Kearns, Rob Reider, Brian Brophy, Paul Kennedy, James Babson, Dennis Baker, Fred Culbertson, Richard Doone, Alonzo F. Jones, Sergio Kato, Gary A. Jones, Ethan Heldman, Philip Ettington

Release: 1994-09-23

Runtime: 142

Plot: Framed in the 1940s for the double murder of his wife and her lover, upstanding banker Andy Dufresne begins a new life at the Shawshank prison, where he puts his accounting skills to work for an amoral warden. During his long stretch in prison, Dufresne comes to be admired by the other inmates -- including an older prisoner named Red -- for his integrity and unquenchable sense of hope.
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Was a great movie, watched this one many times over the years it has a great story.

I have watched this so many times and always thought it was based on a true story but apparently not. Strangely enough it was a box office flop at first but went on to be a much loved and watched movie.

I still think this was one of the best in the day, If it happens to be on i will still watch it again.
Great show.