Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

The Portrayal of Christianity as anti-human, Cruel

Thread Owner : Jayson
J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
Well, we don't really know what's in heaven. There could be sex in heaven, even polygamy. We really don't know. I'm not trying to offend anyone, though. Some get very unnerved at the idea.

Anyway, the point of the the Bible and all that is just to show God is your friend wanting what's best for you. However, the interpretation of scripture consistently shows god creating desires, but not allowing people to enjoy them and also the everlasting hell thing - which I think really is a purgatory.

Anyway, some ideas to ponder are the fact King Solomon and other Biblical people had plural wives and concubines and also if God asks people specifically to forgive without an end, then why wouldn't he?

Lord Saru

Lord Saru

Valued Member
Jun 22, 2020
CB$
I am person who believes that the Bible has some extreme things and believers should take a middle path.

For example, in Apostles, when people lay a part of their earning infront of the disciples, they ask these people to bring the rest of the money. In real life, its too extreme.

I just adapt to the version of Christianity that I am comfortable with.

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$

Well, actually he has a point, unfortunately. From George Carlin's view of traditional scripture - who could come to a different conclusion honestly?

I am person who believes that the Bible has some extreme things and believers should take a middle path.

For example, in Apostles, when people lay a part of their earning infront of the disciples, they ask these people to bring the rest of the money. In real life, its too extreme.

There's only one version - but people haven't dug deep enough into it.

Lord Saru

Lord Saru

Valued Member
Jun 22, 2020
CB$
That one version might be too complex for following ot practicaly.

I would probably stick to mine. After all, love to Jesus and sticking to the moral principles are important rather than rituals and merrymaking.

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
I understand the counter-arguments listed here. Nonetheless, I think if Christians would search for the truth deeper, they'd have a better faith and witness.

Spikey

Spikey

Valued Member
Jul 21, 2020
CB$
I am a Christian missionary and also volunteer with my local church when I have time.
I understand the counter-arguments listed here. Nonetheless, I think if Christians would search for the truth deeper, they'd have a better faith and witness.

I do agree with this point. Most so called Christians I wouldn't even call them Christians as they don't pray, have a relationship with God, don't read the Bible as much as they should. Jesus wants us to have faith. All we need is a faith the size of a mustard seed and he will do the rest to help us grow spiritually. The key though as you have said is to search deeper and to really get to know God who is our loving father.

• Love
Reactions:Jayson
Leonard

Leonard

Valued Member
Jun 29, 2020
CB$

Great decision, keep up

Davidisms

Davidisms

Valued Member
Jun 30, 2020
CB$
Everything you believe is fine. Untill you start defining the ways of others as wrong. Worse still if you act to recruit them to your side of belief, even worse if you use deceptive ways to do it.

Reactions:ZandraJoi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.