Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

The online classroom is not 100% effective compared to the traditional classroom

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
I can understand the reason for our education department to declare the mode of learning to use the online classroom. October 5 is the official start of the 2020 school year. Right now they are struggling with the testing of the online classroom since not all students have the means to use the internet. I hope that they can thresh out all the minor problems particularly the technical issues. Some internet signals are so slow that it is not capable of handling video conference or even video chat.

Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

Valued Member
Aug 26, 2020
CB$
I agree. There is a reason why homeschooling / at home charter type schools / private schools, tend to be a little bit better on one on one learning situations, where the child gets more time with the person who is the teacher, or the one spear heading the education of the child.

While I would have liked online distance learning when I was younger, the year that my parents had tried this with me, didn't go too well, because it wasn't organized that well through the school that was providing the teacher for the weekly in home visit and online lesson progress.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
There are people who don't even know what the internet is, let alone 'online classrooms'. This method of learning will only help a small percentage of the students i.e. the well-off students. Don't forget that most students go to public schools for one reason only, and that is because they are free. Most families live under a dollar a day so don't expect them to start worrying about things like the internet and online learning.

ewpratt

ewpratt

Valued Member
Sep 18, 2020
CB$
I don't agree. It depends on the student (and the teacher). I personally always did much better with online classes than onsite classes when I did both of my degrees. And I've found some teachers that are just not suited for the classroom, but do fine when leading an online course.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
If world governments were able to provide key learning tools like tablets or/and computers and fast internet connection then online classrooms would be the best way to study during the pandemic. Since that would never happen then I don't see how this possible. Remember just because you can afford it, it doesn't mean everybody can.

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
One parent is asking how her child would learn how to write using the pencil and paper when the mode of learning is distant education. Another issue that was raised is the test in the online classroom. The student may be getting perfect grades because there can be a tutor and there's also the search engine to get the correct answers. This online classroom is getting to be a big challenge to the education department.

Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
For developing countries there is another picture of this aspect - there are government schools, the students there can not afford the internet connections and individual laptops. How do you get them going?

Solution? They sit down with one person who could manage to get half of these facilities and try to learn. Apparently, this does not work and there I believe online education defeats the purpose. One needs better infrastructure in place before opting for this method of education. Also, the teachers, part of such countries are not well equipped themselves. But others, who can afford to get facilities I believe it works. Online education is future, may be not for toddlers, but for teens and adults, for sure.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
This is like waking up one morning and telling the earth that we are all going to Mars and expecting everyone to get there. Not every country has the technology for space travel. You have to be considerate.

Anuj Dhawan

Anuj Dhawan

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
Well, going to Mars is mostly a luxurious choice, dealing with pandemic is not. I just said that there is another aspect of this situation which I could not see being touched upon in the previous posts. Hope no harm is done, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Reactions:Hova
Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Jul 28, 2020
CB$
Well, going to Mars is mostly a luxurious choice, dealing with pandemic is not. I just said that there is another aspect of this situation which I could not see being touched upon in the previous posts. Hope no harm is done, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
No harm no foul.

Reactions:Anuj Dhawan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.