What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

The god of football

Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
Neutral Nova

Neutral Nova

Valued Member
Nov 8, 2020
CB$
Who is the god of football?

He was as a matter of fact Diego Maradona, one of the world's most prominent football players, additionally called 'The God of Football'. He saw paradise and terrible and kicked the bucket Wednesday at 60 years old. Maradona was a player who, aside from scoring objectives, likewise committed errors.

PGen98

PGen98

Community Leader
Community Advocate
Valued Member
Jun 27, 2020
CB$
Ehh...I can't agree with this assessment. Maradona was an exceptional player, but he was a cheat, he was low-life outside of football, and he snorted most of his fortune away on illicit drugs, so...hardly a prime example for the younger generations.

Romario was the player I watched a lot when I was younger for his amazing skills, and guys like Thiery Henry, Jay Jay Okocha, Michael Essien, Dennis Bergkamp, Mixu Pattelainen, Jergen Klinsman and so on...so many great players down the years that had far fewer issues outside of the game and didn't cheat within it. I won't deny that Maradona was a good player, even great, but he will never be 'the best' in the eyes of anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.