The blue screen of the laptop said fatal error

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

It is a borrowed laptop that I am using. There was the blue screen which says it is dumping the data after encountering a fatal error. When I booted it afterwards There was the option to boot normally and that's what I chose. I have no clue why that blue screen has appeared maybe 3 to 4 times already in a span of 3 months. It is running on Windows 7 and is quite good to my needs so I am worried that a time may come that it will not boot anymore.

Do you think it needs to re-install the operating system?

Davidisms

Davidisms

This can happen due to many reasons. The most common is device driver malfunction/incompatibility or disk errors.

What you can try is update all drivers, perform chkdsk for your hard disk and install all latest updates if any for the OS.

Another way is to restore your PC via system restore to an earlier date before the problem started.

Noah

Noah

This is an issue with USB or a plugged in device. If you unplug everything except the power does this still happen?

bomb

bomb

It is a borrowed laptop that I am using. There was the blue screen which says it is dumping the data after encountering a fatal error. When I booted it afterwards There was the option to boot normally and that's what I chose. I have no clue why that blue screen has appeared maybe 3 to 4 times already in a span of 3 months. It is running on Windows 7 and is quite good to my needs so I am worried that a time may come that it will not boot anymore.

Do you think it needs to re-install the operating system?
It is called the "Blue Screen of Death"! But honestly, why are you still sticking with Windows 7? Support for Windows 7 was stopped, and so was the updates. You will not be able to get a fix.

Yes, you will have to re-install, but that will be a temporary fix, since the Windows 7 bugs are currently not addressed by Microsoft.

My Advice
If your machine meets the minimum requirements for a newer version of Windows (preferably Windows 10). You should take that option. Continued use of Windows 7 is exposing yourself to vulnerabilities that will cost you more in the long run.

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Sometimes it happens when there is a hardware issue.
If your system gets overheated or if there is any other issue, then you will see this screen often. So, it's better to leave the system alone for some time. Then you can use it just like before. If you face this issue repeatedly, update your drivers and try to uninstall recently installed applications.

Then as part of the last solution, format the computer. If the issue still persists, then it's better to get it checked in a service center.

I also get this error when I use the PC, but somehow the issues get resolved on it's own. I do know you need to re-install the installer disk when you turn on the PC and the issue still exists.