Tennis - Phlippines bet Alex Eala wins her first pro title in Spain

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

Just reaching the finals in the Manacor Tournament in Mallorca, Spain is already a big feat for Alex Eala, the 15-year old scholar of the Nadal Academy for tennis. Against the 28-year old Yvonne Cavalle-Reimers it was a hard climb when Eala lost the first set 7-5. But a good rebound with a 6-1 win in the 2nd set and another easy 6-2 win in the 3rd set Eala claimed her first pro title. Eala was ranked #3 in the juniors league and she turned professional only this year.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #2

Let me just add this news report today. Alex Eala had won her first round assignment against Mirjam Bjorklund of Sweden in 3 sets. Winning the first set at 6-4 then losing the 2nd set at 3-6 then taking the last set at 6-3 which is not really formidable. But a win is a win for the 2nd leg of the Rafa Nadal Academy Tour of the ITF's W15 tournament in Mallorca, Spain. I hope that Eala would prove her worth to reach the finals again.