Tennis - ATP Cup 2021 in Melbourne

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

After the Slam exhibition in Adelaide, the top seeds in the Australian Open Tennis Tournament to start on February 8 have another stint of matches. This time it is in Melbourne for the ATP Cup - Association of Tennis Professionals. Novak Djokovic prevailed over Denis Shapovalov in a tight contest that ended in 7-5, 7-5 while Rafael Nadal begged off due to stiff lower back muscles. Seeded player Dominic Thiem unfortunately lost his bid against Matteo Berrettini.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #2

Day 2 of the ATP cup showed the skills and luck of the favorites who are in the top 10 world ranking. Alexander Zverev escaped with a 6-7, 6-3, 7-6 against Denis Shapovalov of Canada while Stefanos Tsitsipas defeated Alex De Minaur in 2 sets 6-3, 7-5. Another highly seeded Daniil Medvedev breezed past Japanese Kei Nishikore 6-2, 6-4. .

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #3

Tomorrow February 6 is the last day of the ATP Cup 2021. Until now I still cannot comprehend the mechanics of the tournament. It is a team game but there is a singles match that makes a team earn points. I think the leading team today is Spain although Australia is trailing closely. Maybe Serbia will be there on the strength of Novak Djokovic who is the #1 in the world ranking.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #4

Team Russia took the cake from the Italians with a resounding win in the singles. Andrey Rublev defeated Fabio Fognini of Italy in 2 sets of 6-1, 6-2 while his compatriot Daniil Medvedev closed out the finals with a 6-4, 6-2 win over Matteo Berrettini. It was painful for Spain that first entered the semi-finals but lost to Italy and also Germany lost to Russia.