The other con is that you have to take a test for any task that want to complete. Most of the tests don't pay, and they take a long time to complete. I prefer Picoworkers which is the same as Microworks.

nangk08

Member
  • #22
Ok so both sites have cons, so I will just wait for better sites to pop up, I have this impression that if $1 is the minimum, then the pay is quite low per task in Hive Work.
Most online sites pay low for tasks initially, you won't find any sites that would pay significantly higher than that. If you can spare some time, I suggest that you should take up such tasks and think of it as learning curve. As you become better at tasks, you will find it easy to accomplish more in less time and thus get paid better. But then, you know best what works for you.

sliara

Member
Well I noticed that if $5 is the minimum payout, then it's not that hard to earn that amount of money, and the time that it takes to earn it is reasonable. With $1, I think it will take a while to earn it. Try observing.

On Hive Work i.e ..... I tried signing up for Spare5, but they were not accepting new registration.
Let me try some Hive work right now and see how much I can make, just looks like slavery since they pay per a thousand tasks completed. I also think it depends on your location but let me check it out and see if it's worth working there. Thanks mate.

luri

Member
I have been thinking about working on upwork and Fiverr since a long time. However, I have not get started. I do not have specialized skills, and when you do not have specialized skills, it is difficult to earn from freelance marketplace. These days, I am thinking about joining a couple of writing sites.

nangk08

Member
  • #30
So I got this email today morning from Spare5 and it seems that the parent company who owned Spare5 was acquired by another company and they are no longer going to use services by Spare5. Sad that it is now closing down permanently after December 30. It was really good platform and I did earn a lot. I am going to miss it!:cry:

So I got this email today morning from Spare5 and it seems that the parent company who owned Spare5 was acquired by another company and they are no longer going to use services by Spare5. Sad that it is now closing down permanently after December 30. It was really good platform and I did earn a lot. I am going to miss it!:cry:
What! That is so frustrating. I am sure you will come across more work opportunities and, we still have the Hive work.

Hova

Loyalist
Let me try some Hive work right now and see how much I can make, just looks like slavery since they pay per a thousand tasks completed. I also think it depends on your location but let me check it out and see if it's worth working there. Thanks mate.
Let me know how you fare.
Tip: I would go for the jobs in the category section because they are easier to complete.

luri

Member
I have tried working on micro job sites like picoworkers and microworkers. However, the kind of tasks available on these sites not interesting for me, some tasks even ask us to do unethical works like creating instagram account, gmail accounts, etc. I am not comfortable doing such tasks.

Alexandoy

Member
I am only on paid forum posting nowadays although I remember doing chores differently a few years back. I already forgot the name of the site but it has monkey in the site's name. Anyway, the task to do is to crop the pictures that would be posted. There is a specific dimension for cropping which is an easy task that pays around 3 to 5 cents. When it ran out of pictures to crop the chores changed to article submission or something else.

nangk08

Member
  • #36
I am only on paid forum posting nowadays although I remember doing chores differently a few years back. I already forgot the name of the site but it has monkey in the site's name. Anyway, the task to do is to crop the pictures that would be posted. There is a specific dimension for cropping which is an easy task that pays around 3 to 5 cents. When it ran out of pictures to crop the chores changed to article submission or something else.
I love that kind of work, cropping pictures and outlining them and labelling different parts for AI software recognition. I am going to miss Spare5 for such jobs. I wonder if there are any more such sites to work on.

sprite1950

Member
I believe Spare 5 has now gone. I was reading on another forum that a lady said this was her best income site so she was upset that it had finished. I'm not good at small tasks so although I joined it I never did well.

Hova

Loyalist
I believe Spare 5 has now gone. I was reading on another forum that a lady said this was her best income site so she was upset that it had finished. I'm not good at small tasks so although I joined it I never did well.
At least you got to try it out. I showed up too late to the party!

nangk08

Member
  • #40
I believe Spare 5 has now gone. I was reading on another forum that a lady said this was her best income site so she was upset that it had finished. I'm not good at small tasks so although I joined it I never did well.
I too worked on Spare5 for a long time and earned well when tasks used to be available. Most tasks there basically involved drawing fine lines and separating segments, labeling them etc. which I enjoyed! Though repetitive and boring at times, it was quite fun actually.

Top