I was surprised to see the gardening program on tv yesterday about watering the plants. The program host said that using tap water may harm the plants and can cause the leaves to turn yellow. Oh gee, that was what's happening to my strawberry plants. It is the chlorine that harms the plants. Tap water has too much chlorine. The recommended water for irrigating the plants is the water that we use to wash the rice before cooking. For using tap water it should be stored in an open pail for 24 hours to let the chlorine escape.