Taking responsibility in professional field

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #1

Real hero hidden in the darkness
I don't think many people take responsibility for anything in professional field.

They always try to push stuff on others and this is what I have observed so far. Even when the fault is purely coincidental and even if they couldn't find the origin, they try to make some excuse, to make others responsible for it. I don't think it's fair at all. What about you guys? What do you guys think about this? Do you feel the same?

    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #3

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Passing is easier than doing. Talking easier than doing! :mad:
Talking is indeed way too easy, to push off things to others.

My current team lead likes to talk a lot. He tells us how he wants us all to work as a team and he got our backs and all. It's just that, if stuff doesn't go as planned, he will just do a 180 and blames us for everything. I get really mad when people behave this way. If they can't do something, then they should be more upfront about it. Is that too much to ask?

Jeremy

Jeremy

Taking responsibility in professional field means, the leader should take full responsibility of every activities that is being done on a particular task or project. So in order not to get query by the overall manager, one need to see to every moment that is being done on a given task.

Taking responsibility in one's chosen field is a must if you want to be taken seriously and if you want to be seen as capable in your chosen field. No one will trust and hire you if you're not capable.