Take care of your kidneys - drink water every 30 minutes

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

The title is the advice of my wife's urologist. When there is water the kidneys are active. Kidney stones are usually formed when the kidneys are often inactive which means the person is not drinking water regularly. That means it is not enough to drink 8 glasses of water in a day. What's more important is the frequency of drinking like half a glass every 30 minutes or so. I guess that is a good advice but I have to admit that I am not doing the drinking religiously.

I would have to say that I don't drink water that much, only during summer season, so I have to keep in mind that I should increase my water intake for my own good.

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #4

I drink 1,5 L water daily. Indeed, @Alexandoy, water is good for your body and freshly filtered water without anything added in it myself.
I have to admit that I am a Coke drinker of about 2 to 3 cans in a day. In that issue our family doctor said that drinking more water often will neutralize the bad elements of Coke which means it is all right to drink soda as long as I drink water often. I also drink filtered water only and not the mineral water which is expensive but may not really be good for my kidneys.

Many urologists do recommend drinking water that frequently but according our ancient medicinal practice, Ayurveda, drinking water so frequently puts unnecessary pressure on the kidneys and also dilutes the digestive acids in our stomach and intestines thereby disrupting digestion process. So in Ayurveda, it is recommended to drink only when you are thirsty and a little more in hot climate to keep hydrated. I guess different thought schools will exist and everyone must choose what suits them best.

Mildredtabitha

I find it hard to drink a lot of water esoeciall6 if am only indoors. Going out when its sunny helps me to drink water.