luri

Member
I watched this show a long time ago on HBO. This is one of my all-time favorite shows (minus erotic scenes, of course). There is too much sex, too much blood, too much violence, and of course too much thrill.

  • #3
I watched this show a long time ago on HBO. This is one of my all-time favorite shows (minus erotic scenes, of course). There is too much sex, too much blood, too much violence, and of course too much thrill.
Well the kind of movie warrants those scenes like sex, substance, violence and brutal killings.

But the message of the movie will break one's heart. The ending is too touchy.

luri

Member
Well the kind of movie warrants those scenes like sex, substance, violence and brutal killings.

But the message of the movie will break one's heart. The ending is too touchy.
Well, Spartacus is loosely based on a historical character. Howard Faust has written a book on this character. We can read the main story of Spartacus in the book. The show is very dramatic. But I think there was no need to show too much sex.

Well, Spartacus is loosely based on a historical character. Howard Faust has written a book on this character. We can read the main story of Spartacus in the book. The show is very dramatic. But I think there was no need to show too much sex.
I never knew that there was a book, I just watched the movie a while back just like you but now I intend to look for the book and read it and compare it to the movie. I loved the movie.

luri

Member
I never knew that there was a book, I just watched the movie a while back just like you but now I intend to look for the book and read it and compare it to the movie. I loved the movie.
I don't think the makers of the show actually adapted the book for the screen. However, the main storyline of Spartacus, how he became a slave, how he fought in the ring, how he raised a rebellion, and how he died have been written in the book. Historically speaking, Spatcacus is the first rebel.

Hova

Loyalist
I remember watching it when it came out (that was way back). The sex and bloody scenes are the things that I was more interested in.

Top