Spartacus: "Blood and Sand"

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #1
I have just finished watching "Blood and Sand", the first season of Spartacus, an American TV series in 4 seasons in Netflix.

It's too interesting on how Spartacus revenge his wife who has been kidnapped and killed. He had sacrificed a lot. He became a slave and trained to kill.

I carefully followed it up until I reached the 13th episode, "Kill them all" which gives justice to all killings and suppression the Trachian gladiator who lost his wife.

A Trachian gladiator later earned the named as Spartacus after he killed the 4 ruthless gladiators who determined to execute him in a bloody fight.

Hope this will interest you to watch this in Neflix.

I watched this show a long time ago on HBO. This is one of my all-time favorite shows (minus erotic scenes, of course). There is too much sex, too much blood, too much violence, and of course too much thrill.

    Thread Owner : Nocturnal Thinker
  • #3
I watched this show a long time ago on HBO. This is one of my all-time favorite shows (minus erotic scenes, of course). There is too much sex, too much blood, too much violence, and of course too much thrill.
Well the kind of movie warrants those scenes like sex, substance, violence and brutal killings.

But the message of the movie will break one's heart. The ending is too touchy.

Well the kind of movie warrants those scenes like sex, substance, violence and brutal killings.

But the message of the movie will break one's heart. The ending is too touchy.
Well, Spartacus is loosely based on a historical character. Howard Faust has written a book on this character. We can read the main story of Spartacus in the book. The show is very dramatic. But I think there was no need to show too much sex.

Sweerie_banana

Well, Spartacus is loosely based on a historical character. Howard Faust has written a book on this character. We can read the main story of Spartacus in the book. The show is very dramatic. But I think there was no need to show too much sex.
I never knew that there was a book, I just watched the movie a while back just like you but now I intend to look for the book and read it and compare it to the movie. I loved the movie.

I never knew that there was a book, I just watched the movie a while back just like you but now I intend to look for the book and read it and compare it to the movie. I loved the movie.
I don't think the makers of the show actually adapted the book for the screen. However, the main storyline of Spartacus, how he became a slave, how he fought in the ring, how he raised a rebellion, and how he died have been written in the book. Historically speaking, Spatcacus is the first rebel.

I remember watching it when it came out (that was way back). The sex and bloody scenes are the things that I was more interested in.

Sweerie_banana

I remember watching it when it came out (that was way back). The sex and bloody scenes are the things that I was more interested in.
We seem to have so much in common. Those are the same reasons why I was glued to it. Generally speaking, the movie was great.