FEEDBACK Some suggestions from my side

Real hero hidden in the darkness
1. Is it possible to change the default Xenforo theme, we have at the moment? I am not really fond of it and I am not sure how many others share the same view here. I wouldn't mind having more options to choose from, with respect to themes.
2. I like the section icons a lot and a little colour to them, could do wonders.
3. Group promotions can be great. I really would like to have a special colour to my username after reaching some specific post count.

Overall feedback: I like the page load time as well the URL of our forum. It's easy to access and it's easy to remember as well.
I don't usually give feedback to forums in general but I like Chatbanter, so I want to share some suggestions here. Have a great day guys!

  • Like
Reactions:Riker Slade and Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
1. Is it possible to change the default Xenforo theme, we have at the moment? I am not really fond of it and I am not sure how many others share the same view here. I wouldn't mind having more options to choose from, with respect to themes.
2. I like the section icons a lot and a little colour to them, could do wonders.
3. Group promotions can be great. I really would like to have a special colour to my username after reaching some specific post count.

Overall feedback: I like the page load time as well the URL of our forum. It's easy to access and it's easy to remember as well.
I don't usually give feedback to forums in general but I like Chatbanter, so I want to share some suggestions here. Have a great day guys!
Thank you for the feedback @Claraviolet

we do have a dark theme? not sure you are aware of that? i am open to looking at adding another theme, do you have some suggestions to show me what you would like?

I can look at making them colourful for sure. i like the feedback and happy to implement.

looking at sorting out promotions and will speak to @Spikey on this to see what can be done, its a hard one to do due to the defauly theme we have but it might work :-)

  • Like
Reactions:Claraviolet
    Thread Owner : Claraviolet
  • #3

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Thank you for the feedback @Claraviolet

we do have a dark theme? not sure you are aware of that? i am open to looking at adding another theme, do you have some suggestions to show me what you would like?

I can look at making them colourful for sure. i like the feedback and happy to implement.

looking at sorting out promotions and will speak to @Spikey on this to see what can be done, its a hard one to do due to the defauly theme we have but it might work :-)
I am not really into dark themes. They make my eyes itchy. As for other themes, I am not really sure. I don't know much about Xenforo themes but I would like you to add some free light themes.. If that's possible that is.
Thank you for considering group promotions :D

Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
We are adding some new themes today ? and will look at getting some colours into the nodes.

Can you give me some ideas on a user group promotions a little more.

With us running on 2.2 software some actions may have to wait until the developer updates some add-ons.

Paladin

Paladin

Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
User group promotions, huh? I can think of some:
Speech Bubble - 0 posts (New Member)
New Chatterer - 5 posts (Member)
Experienced Chatterer - 100 posts (Distinguished Member)
Orator - 1000 posts (Legendary Member)

And some user groups:
Vizier (Moderator)
Lord (Administrative)

  • Like
Reactions:Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
User group promotions, huh? I can think of some:
Speech Bubble - 0 posts (New Member)
New Chatterer - 5 posts (Member)
Experienced Chatterer - 100 posts (Distinguished Member)
Orator - 1000 posts (Legendary Member)

And some user groups:
Vizier (Moderator)
Lord (Administrative)
I like this @Paladin thank you

  • Like
Reactions:Paladin
Paladin

Paladin

Cyberspace
chatbanter.com
I was talking about username colours. It can make people standout based on the post count
Colored usernames based on post count? I don't want to sound negative, but while it seems like a good idea on paper, I get the feeling that it will incentivize some people to make quick, meaningless posts in order to boost their raw post count.
(Source: It's happened on a few forums before.)

  • Like
Reactions:Claraviolet and Brad P
Brad P

Brad P

Valued Member
User group promotions, huh? I can think of some:
Speech Bubble - 0 posts (New Member)
New Chatterer - 5 posts (Member)
Experienced Chatterer - 100 posts (Distinguished Member)
Orator - 1000 posts (Legendary Member)

And some user groups:
Vizier (Moderator)
Lord (Administrative)
Well with a little work this has been implemented.

  • Like
Reactions:Paladin