Skipping

    Thread Owner : Lord Saru
  • #1
Lord Saru

I love to do skipping, but I cant seem to get the way on how to do it.

Here is where I always go wrong: I jump in sync with the rope rather than the moment it reaches my foot. Another problem is that I jump in a kind of explosive way rather than the gentle jump required.

You guys got any tips?.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Skipping is not really hard. Be calm when you want to do it, slow jumps, and do shuttle runs, in time, you will be more good at it.

With skipping rope you need coordination with your feet and hands. It is like mastering the movement of your hands first before you move your feet. To practice the technique do the skipping without the rope. Observe the rhythm of your hands first before you do the jumping. When you get the coordination then that is the time to use the rope.