Site News "Site Updates"

15480677_s-300x225.jpg

This thread will be be for all the current and future updates to the site, myself and @Spikey will add to this thread for all the back-end and front-end additions to ChatBanter.

Latest updates
  1. TPOM (Top Poster Of Month) has been added you will see a nice purple banner displayed in your postbit and on your profile
  2. Live Statistics on the site, you will see a sidebar widget with Latest Posts/Latest Threads.
  3. Site should be bug free so if anyone can let me know how the site is running and if you can see any problems please let me know.
I made the site logo and if anyone has some design skills please post some new ones below for me to look at and others - should we change the current one?

Got a nice update coming over the weekend for a better way to display articles and getting better content showing on the site.

Hope everyone is enjoying the site as it comes to its first month of being open, its come around quickly and i haven't started to advertise it yet ... remember keeping safe and well is the most important thing in this crazy times.

More updates to come over the next week or so.

Brad P

Last edited:

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Update 26.6.20

• New Articles page renamed as "News" members can post an article and once you have submitted a member of staff will check and approve.
  • New Dark Theme.
  • Thread Starter banner when posting a new thread in message layout.
  • Custom Profile cover, members can select a profile cover on your profile page. Example click my page
More updates will continue to filter through, if anyone would like to suggest or finds any issues please post here https://chatbanter.com/forums/forum-news-feedback.6/

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
User Upgrade

I have added some nice updates to the user upgrade to make it a little worth getting click this link to see the breakdown of what you get and also you make check out the testbot user to see how it looks :) https://chatbanter.com/members/testbot.111/

You could use the top banner for advertising and also you have a youtube link and twitter link to add on the sidebar of the profile page

the link can be found on the site info page https://chatbanter.com/#site-info.1

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site Update 17.07.20

Following on from a previous update the dark style is now fully working, let me know what you think and if you would like anything changed, to select the style you will see a toggle button up in the navbar area .

toggle button.png
dropdown.png

2020-07-17-16-22-chatbanter.com.png

Hope you like the little update for this week :)

Last edited:

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site News

I've been thinking about removing the membership completely and maybe just allowing regular members have all the site extra goodies for free, why bother trying to get someone to buy it its not really needed and to be fair I want everyone to enjoy the cool features on the site. As from now im going to disable membership and allow you all to have access. Happy Friday everyone and enjoy the weekend and stay safe 😀

P.s if anyone needs help finding how to change or try out the features its mainly on your profile page and in the user tap dropdown in the navigation bar.

Last edited:

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site Update 25.07.20

Little Update today but should have some more little things in the pipe line tomorrow.

• @Spikey has joined us as partner of the site and will be very much involved in the site as me and has already settled into Chat Banter, please can you all give him a warm welcome :)
  • Rererral contest add-on has been installed to help invite friends to our site.

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Milestone

We are fast approaching some great achievements Chat Banter in 2 months has almost hit 2,000 posts and 100 members. That's pretty good going i just want to say a massive thank you to all that contributed to the site and continue to do so.

I would like to hear some feedback on the site its been a great journey so far but I'm sure you guys would have some suggestions to put forward on what you would like to see? Or if you don't like something please let me know.

Happy Sunday all hope you have all had a great weekend!!

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site Update 27.07.20

Updated the Profile page and message layout to make it more simple to look out and easier on the eye for PC and mobile experince :)

Hope you like the changes.

Attachments

• 2020-07-27-22-45-chatbanter.com.png
    2020-07-27-22-45-chatbanter.com.png
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 27
  • profilepage.png
    profilepage.png
    958.8 KB · Views: 27

bomb

Experienced Chatterer
Wow! These are great updates. I see we are in safe hands. And we headed in the right direction

Congrats Bro! Way to go. Once more you have made me realized that forums are not dead! They are a thing of the future and they will last forever!!

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site News 28.07.20

Xenforo had a major update a few weeks back for those who are not sure what that is its our software that the forum runs on and I can safely say that its the best.

Now in the coming days I may decide to upgrade as it seems that many customers have given great feedback and most of the add-ons we use have been updated to run it.

I'll make an announcement before I go ahead and put the site on lockdown;)

Hope everyone is well until next time :)

Spikey

Experienced Chatterer
Site News 28.07.20

Xenforo had a major update a few weeks back for those who are not sure what that is its our software that the forum runs on and I can safely say that its the best.

Now in the coming days I may decide to upgrade as it seems that many customers have given great feedback and most of the add-ons we use have been updated to run it.

I'll make an announcement before I go ahead and put the site on lockdown;)

Hope everyone is well until next time :)

Looking forward to seeing the update!

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site News 29.07.20

Think we will be looking into upgrading tonight guys, so the site maybe offline for a little while, ill update everyone once its al done, looking to start around 8 or 9pm

Reactions: _B_

Brad P

Experienced Chatterer
Site Update 29.7.20

Site has been updated to the latest xenforo software 2.2 some add-ons i have had to remove untill they get updated but it won't be long before they do. If anyone spots any issues please can you post them here https://chatbanter.com/forums/feedback.6/

I am now off to bed as im tired. :sleep: