Single use plastic is to be totally banned

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

There are groups moving for a law to totally ban single use plastic. Their reason is the pollution of the waterways. Admittedly the improper disposal of the said plastic bags are causing problems to marine life not to mention the clogged drainage of the sewage especially in the urban areas. However, I am wondering why the need to ban the plastic bags when the problem is not the plastic itself but the users. If there is a law that will make littering of plastic a crime then I guess that would teach people on how to dispose of plastic properly. Why ban an invention that is very useful to man?

  • Like
Reactions:nangk08

We have a better alternative. That is the main reason why the ban on single-use plastic should be celebrated. Instead of constantly worrying about plastic killing our planet and whatnot, it is better to embrace a safer and cleaner way of life.

Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi and nangk08

People did know how to do their businesses, save and store food and other items in proper ways before plastic was invented. Now a useful invention like plastic has been abused so much that people have now become lazy and do not want to take efforts for tasks which will require some work if plastic is not to be used. I guess we have become too much dependent on it and this dependency must be taken away by making really strict laws regarding usage and disposal of plastic.

  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi and Hova

I would love to live in a world that has a ban on every harmful product. We need to keep on fighting because the current state is nothing to be proud of.

  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi and nangk08

When I was young, one of my friends brought to school Indian food, - I can't remember the name - and that was the most amazing spicy food I have ever had in my life. I wish I knew the name.

  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi

Do you think limiting or banning the use of plastic bags may solve the problem of environmental pollution like the clogging of esteros, canals, dikes, drainage or the waterways in general? This question needs an answer by the users along with their advocacy and commitment.

Plastic in general has so many good uses. It is those who couldn't dispose it properly. Nowadays plastic may be used as a recycle products which could be useful. Yes, the move is to reuse it not to dispose it anywhere for it couldn't be easily decomposed or none at all.

So the solution is for the people to be responsible in using plastic religiously.

  • Like
Reactions:Alexandoy

We should be using things that completely disintegrate when they are not disposed of correctly. I think that is the big issue right now. When we figure this out, then we can move on to ways of handling garbage disposal well.

  • Like
Reactions:ZandraJoi

I guess that's the government's way to curb the rising problem when it comes to littering and clogged sewers and floods in general. Not to mention the polluted bodies of water here. But I do agree that plastic has nothing to do with it, the ones using them should be held accountable for the irresponsible disposal of plastic.