Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Messages
315
Reaction score
50
CB$
4,372
Supporters claim a fast food wage is unlivable, while opponents argue that a higher wage simply leads to less hired. Anyway, another argument of opponents might be that lower wage people could be wasteful with finances or that lower wage jobs are stepping stones that people aren't willing to move past.

I do think that minimum wage should be higher especially with the cost of living that rises every year it seems like. It's hard for people to keep up if they have a minimum wage and they can't even afford to pay their monthly rent.

I do think that minimum wage should be higher especially with the cost of living that rises every year it seems like. It's hard for people to keep up if they have a minimum wage and they can't even afford to pay their monthly rent.

True, but there's also been society discouragement of people going into trades like plumbing, stuff in which there's actually a labor shortage.

There should definitely be a higher minimum wage, so the cost of living can be met. Below is the minimum wage that employers must pay to adhere to the worker's rights laws. Although I think the pay should be the same, regardless of age, if they are doing the same job.

25 and over£8.72
21 to 24£8.20
18 to 20£6.45
Under 18£4.55

Here's the practical theory of granting the wages. The higher the wages, the less better performance. The lower the wages, more people be working.

Wages in our country have guidelines on how much to pay for every type of job's description. But for a fastfoods crew , they have a basic wage.

I believe it should be based on cost of living.
We can never judge others work based on other standards according to me. We should try to provide them something, to make their survival easier. This is just how I see things and nothing more.

So, I can't really say anything about minimum wage based on this.

I believe it should be based on cost of living.
We can never judge others work based on other standards according to me. We should try to provide them something, to make their survival easier. This is just how I see things and nothing more.

So, I can't really say anything about minimum wage based on this.
As I understand in granting a minimum wage to the workers is based on what the law so requires.

That's why there's always a consultation meeting of every labor sector in the community to give a consensus whether to increase it or not based on the valid assumption like the capability of the employers to pay if their business is economically stable.

Back
Top