• Welcome to The Community

Should school classes be stopped?

Education not only too expensive but a life threatening endeavor too.

Our country has already started its opening of classes by introducing the different modalities of learning such online studies, TV and radio-based instructions, home studies and self-learning modules or SLM. Teachers are just facilitator and coordinator. It's the learner's parents who do the supervising and even tutoring their children.

It takes a huge of money to print out those teaching materials and the production of TV and radio instructions.

In practice learners aren't used to such modalities. Some are burning their modules. Some are breaking their tablets and cellphone. And worse thing, some are committing suicide.

In your case, should classes be stopped and will only formally resume when pandemic is over?

Alexandoy

Member
I understand that it is not easy for the student to adapt to the distant learning mode with the use of the internet. Even I myself may encounter difficulty if I am a student now. But the online classroom is better than nothing at all. It is not good to suspend the education for one year because that is a big loss to the student which is like they failed in the class for one year. My suggestion is for the teachers to take it easy on the students by teaching the mode of education. Do not go direct to the lessons. Let the students enjoy the online classroom for now. You can have singing or even games.

Alexander

Member
We are fortunate enough to have free education for students up to the age of 18. Offline physical classes should be banned worldwide until a vaccine or long term solution is found for COVID-19. Online lessons should be made a temporary measure.

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Member
I do think they should do that.
Not only for students but for teachers as well. My mother works in a government school and I worry about her health a lot. They could always opt for online classes and all the students received smartphones already.

So, I really don't see why teachers need to go to school at this point.

Jeremy

Member
Offline class is still the the better way to teach and educate students, until a better vaccine is found to fight the Corona virus, Social distancing must be strictly adhere too. For now online class is still better.

sliara

Member
The pandemic is a big threat already to the overall physical well-being of the people, so I doubt that it's a good idea to still want to open classes at this point.

I really don't think schools should open come next year. It can be so hectic if the vaccine isn't worldwide yet and the students are back in classes and can get the virus at any given time. In some countries it can be really hard to have the classes via the Internet cause the students don't even have the laptops and means to study online. I just wish the virus would end and things go back to normal.

nangk08

Member
Online classes are indeed proving difficult to many especially in rural areas but that doesn't mean that school classes should be stopped entirely. In India, many rural teachers and young people have taken the initiative of using their smartphones to connect with schools and then teaching subjects to the children who do not have smartphones or the knowledge to learn online. They make groups of reasonable numbers so social distancing can be maintained and then sit and study together.

sprite1950

Member
Online classes do not suit everyone and I have first hand experience of this. I have a 14 year old granddaughter who suffered mental health issues during lock down and one of the reasons was being away from school and her friends. The UK is currently having a second wave and schools are once again delaying opening so I am worried about her. I am praying that the schools will not be closed for too long as remote learning just does not suit her and many other children.

Thankfully, in my part of the country, south west england, cases have remained low and although there have been cases of Covid in her school it has been contained.

  • #12
Online classes do not suit everyone and I have first hand experience of this. I have a 14 year old granddaughter who suffered mental health issues during lock down and one of the reasons was being away from school and her friends. The UK is currently having a second wave and schools are once again delaying opening so I am worried about her. I am praying that the schools will not be closed for too long as remote learning just does not suit her and many other children.

Thankfully, in my part of the country, south west england, cases have remained low and although there have been cases of Covid in her school it has been contained.
Sorry to hear it that your granddaughter was greatly affected by the after effect of the pandemic wherein school classes had been suspended. Instead online classes were introduced.

And it would be worse for her if school classes wouldn't be reopened due to the second wave of the pandemic.

You have to take care of her. She needs a closed supervision or else her mental disturbance would become worse.

luri

Member
After schools being closed for 7 months, the government has allowed the schools in the country to be opened. However, there are protocols to be followed. I am a school teacher. After teaching students virtually for a couple of months, I have not started going to regular classes. I missed the real interaction with the real people. Even though schools have opened, there is still a discussion, one academic loss can be easily recovered, however, once life is lost, it cannot be recovered. Logically, it's true, however, we also need to look at the situation differently. Imagine the number of people becoming jobless after schools were shut down.

sprite1950

Member
UK schools have now closed for a second time. The virus is out of control here and cases did start to rise in September when the schools returned. The situation will be reviewed in the middle of February but until then there will be remote learning which started on 4th January. The feedback on that suggests that only half the class signed in to work.

However, just because you may not do well at school it doesn't mean that your education is over. My daughter was not gifted academically and couldn't wait to leave school. She went into a series of dead end jobs and decided to do something about it. She did adult education and now has a really good well paid job with the Ministry of Defence.

Last edited:
  • #15
UK schools have now closed for a second time. The virus is out of control here and cases did start to rise in September when the schools returned. The situation will be reviewed in the middle of February but until then there will be remote learning which started on 4th January. The feedback on that suggests that only half the class signed in to work.

However, just because you may not do well at school it doesn't mean that your education is over. My daughter was not gifted academically and couldn't wait to leave school. She went into a series of dead end jobs and decided to do something about it. She did adult education and now has a really good well paid job with the Ministry of Defence.
That's good. Congratulations to your daughter.

Education may be availed in several ways. A person may have a practical education by experienced or through an alternative system of learning. And those who have experienced that also become successful. It's cheaper compared to a formal one.

Actually formal education is very expensive.

joombo

Member
I study online right now and I like it. Now I have more time to do my homeworks. I'm working on my justice-essay right now and I'm glad that I decided to turn to professionals from writing servie to save my time. These guy are pro in proofreading too and I hope with their help I'll finish my essay in the short period of time. Sometimes it's better to ask for help professionals.

Last edited:
This question is really hard. I was wondering if the government knew we were at risk letting our children go to school why did they open schools then and jeopardize the health and well-being of our kids? There have been no cases yet in my daughters' school but I am living in fear. She comes home every day without wearing a mask or it just looks filthy or she is wearing it on her arm.

There have been no reports of any cases in the schools nonetheless we are worried if it was such a good idea. We just have to be prayerful.

sprite1950

Member
This question is really hard. I was wondering if the government knew we were at risk letting our children go to school why did they open schools then and jeopardize the health and well-being of our kids? There have been no cases yet in my daughters' school but I am living in fear. She comes home every day without wearing a mask or it just looks filthy or she is wearing it on her arm.

There have been no reports of any cases in the schools nonetheless we are worried if it was such a good idea. We just have to be prayerful.
There have been a number of cases in my granddaughter's school (around 15 cases) but mainly in the upper years. They have dealt with it quite efficiently but it means lots of kids who have been in contact with the cases have to quarantine, sometimes 70 or more kids at a time.

  • #19
I study online right now and I like it. Now I have more time to do my homeworks. I'm working on my justice-essay right now and I'm glad that I decided to turn to professionals from writing servie to save my time. These guy are pro in proofreading too and I hope with their help I'll finish my essay in the short period of time. Sometimes it's better to ask for help professionals.
It's good for you that you find a help for your justice essay. They're professionals who have the skill to write and proofread writings.

My writing skill is developed for I keep writing. And They're right to say constant practice makes perfect. I believe that writing is acquired and developed.

Top