What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Short videos

Thread Owner : Lord Saru
Lord Saru

Lord Saru

Valued Member
Jun 22, 2020
CB$
After vloging, the trend today is making short videos. Whatever be the content of the video - jokes, cooking, reviews etc - people like them to be short, crip and summative.

What do you think is the ideal length of a shirt video? 30 seconds, 1 minute or what? Too lengthy videos can be a turn off and too shirt videos can deprive the videos of their entertainment potential.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
I have to admit that I do not watch videos because I feel it robs me of my time. Reading a short article takes me a minute or 2 but watching a 3-minute video takes a long time. Anyway, a short video for me is 30 seconds or so but not to reach 1 minute. Short videos are easier to watch because they don't consume much time. By the way, I have some short videos on my YouTube channel and one is about my 40 push ups, waheehee.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
Yes, I can relate with that. I like to watch videos of recipes and I prefer them to be really short, like 1 minute or so and sometimes, about 2 minutes. Anything longer than that, I just skip!

ewpratt

ewpratt

Valued Member
Sep 18, 2020
CB$
I've never understood the short video trend. I can see it being a sometimes kind of thing, but being the primary source of entertainment doesn't make sense to me. Plus, it seems that too many younger people are finding ways to cause serious harm or trouble as a result.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I've never understood the short video trend. I can see it being a sometimes kind of thing, but being the primary source of entertainment doesn't make sense to me. Plus, it seems that too many younger people are finding ways to cause serious harm or trouble as a result.
I agree with the sort of videos you are referring to, especially the kind of videos that came into trend with Tik Tok. These videos are supposed to be funny and there are many who earned a lot from such videos. But those videos, with few exceptions, were totally dumb and crass.

Reactions:ewpratt
Nocturnal Thinker

Nocturnal Thinker

Valued Member
Sep 15, 2020
CB$
A short video is 15 seconds. That's an intro of the main video. And the length of the video depends on its contents.

Generally watching a video is boring if it lacks life.

Reactions:ewpratt
Shane Dunk

Shane Dunk

Valued Member
Feb 7, 2021
CB$
It depends whether the video can describe the message or the purpose it's made for in 30 secs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.