What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Selling anything to earn extra money

Thread Owner : Alexandoy
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
This style of selling on a small scale is getting popular among my friends in Facebook. For them selling is like a hobby that they just post on social media the products they are selling and in return they get orders. Especially with drop shipping which is like brokering. You promote a product and when you get an order you forward it to the supplier who will handle the delivery. That makes me think of doing the same when I have spare time.

nomad

nomad

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
I have never tried making money by selling, whether online or offline. However, I have always been fascinated with the idea about selling online. There are a lot of ways to sell online, such as selling from third party sites like ebay, amazon, etsy, zazzle, etc. or creating your own store and selling via your store.

S

sliara

Valued Member
Oct 9, 2020
CB$
I don't think I would get rich doing that, I would do it as a hobby to make a little money on the side and to be able to promote more products, but not count on it for large earnings.

Nabix

Nabix

Valued Member
Nov 7, 2020
CB$
I've owned an eBay store where I sell used video games, consoles, etc. Works really well and I love doing it.

Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2021
United States
CB$
I have sold things on eBay and also on Facebook Marketplace, with good results on both. I would buy used iPads or Kindles on eBay, where they often sold at a good price, and then I resold them locally on social media , where the prices were higher. I think that this type of business can work good, as long as you watch the market prices for the eBay items you are bidding on, and do not have to pay a lot of money for shipping.

At that time, I had an online job doing forum moderation, and also moderated a facebook group, which didn’t make much money (around $30 a week); but it was enough to save up for using on eBay to purchase the tablets that I was re-selling.

The only problem that I had was that it all went out of the paypal account, and the earnings was cash in my pocket, and then I had to wait until I earned more money for my paypal account , in order to buy more eBay merchandise.

I think that this is an interesting way to make extra money, but you would have to be buying and selling a lot more merchandise than I was doing, to actually make even a part-time living from doing this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.