Selfishness

    Thread Owner : Jayson
  • #1

Well, I think the root of what Satan wants is selfishness, but everybody also wants it, generally speaking, cause that's being only human. However, it can explode to the point where you truly become a monster. That would be the wake-up call.

Do you feel selfishness is a problem in your life? Well, it's hard not to be like that - considering the whole American Dream and similar things expound on making a name for yourself and satisfying urges.

Davidisms

Davidisms

It’s not ‘wrong’, just as being evil is not necessarily wrong.

You gotta be selfish at times. Babies are selfish. They need to be taken care of all the time, and are totally selfish. A weed/grass cracking the concrete pavement as it grows is being selfish. And you gotta be selfish at times, when you don’t have enough reserves to deal with other people’s problems, ’cause you have enough problems going on in your life that you can’t really attend to other people’s affairs which may involve you as a participant.

Leonard

Leonard

Selfishness to me is real satanism . Being selfish will not take you to any where it's like you are selfish to yourself because you don't know where you might meet someone tomorrow if open handed to the needy

Jeremy

Jeremy

Selfishness is a means by which one tends to make what is for a group of people to become only ones possession. One might also be selfish in behavior too. It is not a good character as it a means to bring humanity to a greater risk of not helping one another.

I am actually on the opposite side of selfishness because my wife always say that I am over-generous to people. But only to people that I know because I do not give alms to the beggar. I would rather hand money to a neighbor or maybe buy a snack for the child in our neighborhood. I only want to give to relatives, friends and other people in my circle.