Retiring in the country is not advisable because of the rebels

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
We have plans of buying land in a remote rural province to build our retirement home. But our hopes were dashes when a friend in the military said that it is not a good idea because of the presence of the rebels in almost all mountainous areas in the country. Does that mean we are confined to the city or suburban town for our safety? I was really surprised that the rebels could be almost everywhere here.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
That can't be accurate. I'm pretty you can at least find one place that is not infested by rebels to build your dream retirement home. Are you sure the rebels can be found in all the rural areas?

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
Aren't you from Philippines? I am surprised that there are rebels in the countryside in Philippines! What exactly is there agenda?
We have plans of buying land in a remote rural province to build our retirement home. But our hopes were dashes when a friend in the military said that it is not a good idea because of the presence of the rebels in almost all mountainous areas in the country. Does that mean we are confined to the city or suburban town for our safety? I was really surprised that the rebels could be almost everywhere here.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
Are you talking about the communist rebels that I keep hearing about on the news?

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
That is a good idea. When I retired 3 years ago, some of my retirement financial benefits were used to buy a lot in a subdivision and a family service van. Now I have enjoyed them, the fruits of long service in the government.

Going back to buying a lot in the mountain to stay from the chaotic place in the urban city faces some restrictions due to insurgency present in the mountains as warned by the military. Well not all mountains are occupied by the rebels. That means there are still safe place in the hinterlands.

What you need is to scout about it or you may take a personal survey. Or it would be better to contact the villagers there and get some informations. How's that?

Joshua Farrell

New Chatterer
I've heard about this previously, but never gave much thought about it, as most areas of the U.S.A. do not have issues with people seeking harm to those areas. Though, with the riots in the U.S. lately, some of these groups are trying to seek harm to those living outside of the cities, but are seeing people willing to fight back against them.

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
That can't be accurate. I'm pretty you can at least find one place that is not infested by rebels to build your dream retirement home. Are you sure the rebels can be found in all the rural areas?
You are right in your guess that not all areas in the mountain are dwelling place of the rebels. Our country has a vast of land in the mountain region which has never been infested by lawless elements.

The only danger while along the way is the possibility that those rebels will conduct an ambush and take away the traveler's money and anything they may deem useful to them. And worse lives would be claimed.

To play safe it is better not to venture going to the mountain and pursue a dream to acquire a land and construct a vacation house there.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
You are right in your guess that not all areas in the mountain are dwelling place of the rebels. Our country has a vast of land in the mountain region which has never been infested by lawless elements.

The only danger while along the way is the possibility that those rebels will conduct an ambush and take away the traveler's money and anything they may deem useful to them. And worse lives would be claimed.

To play safe it is better not to venture going to the mountain and pursue a dream to acquire a land and construct a vacation house there.
I understand now. You can't take any chances.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
I have been to a mountain place with no rebels but there were rangers who were guarding the area. There are blockades in the pathways. Maybe if the government can eradicate the rebels then some mountain areas can be converted to retirement homes. In Rizal province which is near Manila, there are areas that they converted to lots measuring 1 hectare each. It is called a weekend farm. A friend bought a lot there with some fruit trees. But since most of the lots were sold then it looked a bit crowded.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
I just hope that you can at least find one place that you can finally call home.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
You are right in your guess that not all areas in the mountain are dwelling place of the rebels. Our country has a vast of land in the mountain region which has never been infested by lawless elements.

The only danger while along the way is the possibility that those rebels will conduct an ambush and take away the traveler's money and anything they may deem useful to them. And worse lives would be claimed.

To play safe it is better not to venture going to the mountain and pursue a dream to acquire a land and construct a vacation house there.
That danger in the mountains is for real because they are reported in the news. Those rebels are also part time bandits understandably because they need finances for their survival. Our country is an archipelago so I guess there are islands with no rebels to speak of. However, I cannot just settle in any of those rebel-free island because my dream place is one that is peaceful but not so remote that I have to walk miles just to go to the market.

Hova

Experienced Chatterer
Safety comes first, just like family. If it means settling in crowded, busy, and noisy urban areas that many people are not so fond of, then I guess that that is the best choice for now.

Top