Thread Owner : Claraviolet
Claraviolet

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
What are your thoughts about this?
We have all observed the reduction of pollution thanks to the lockdown but it's not really something to brag about. We just have to take note of how many things can be done just by sitting at home and how many things need our physical presence.
By making sure to cut down the journey, we can reduce the pollution. What about you guys? Do you agree with me?

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Some places had cleaner air for the first time. I just wish people would be considerate w/o having a pandemic hanging over their head. Maybe will help people rethink & combine car trips. Not go out for that 'one thing' that they really don't need.

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
There's certainly a pro-Earth agenda that's anti-human, but that's not saying pollution is a good thing, though. Well, when will it get to an evil conclusion - if you know what I mean? Well, overpopulation should push humans to other planets.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
The mountain in the next town is now clearly visible to the naked eye (when I climb the roof). Unlike before when it was always hazy. It may be the side effect of the lockdown that public transportation was banned. However, now only the buses are allowed to ply the roads, all other public vehicles are not permitted. If the public transport will be banned for a year then the air pollution may totally be gone.

Paladin

Paladin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Website
chatbanter.com
CB$
This is both good news and bad news.
The good news is the more obvious part - the pollution levels are indeed going down.
The bad news (or, at least, the bad for the planet news) is that as soon as everything reopens, the pollution levels will climb again.

Joshua Farrell

Joshua Farrell

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
It's been great being able to see things with a clearer view, granted the fires from the area isn't helping. But overall, the initial travel bans had caused plenty of people (even now), to reconsider traveling, when they don't technically have to.

I know of a few bigger cities where you can see everything better now, just because cars aren't being used in the excess at the moment.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
So how do you tell that pollution of this great planet has reduced?!! It is not like we have equipment we can use to determine whether the rate pollution has really gone down. Are we supposed to just take these guys' word!!

Lord Saru

Lord Saru

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I believe that the obvious solution here is to know that we need to move into sustainable solutions. Extended lockdowns or alternate work cultures cannot be the solution. Mass transit systems that use clean energy can be.

Hova

Hova

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
We all know what the solution to this simple problem is. The people responsible are not going to let their businesses fall, to save this planet.

Reactions:ZandraJoi
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Air is certainly healthier and cleaner for the first time in so many decades. And I am also seeing increase in large number of birds and insects in my area too. But what concerns me is the impact to the economy and how many rules will be flouted once things get back on track after Coronavirus to bridge the gap in this economy. Will efforts be made to preserve environment or would they be cast aside?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.