What's new

Welcome To Chatbanter

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Recycling foam from cushions.

Thread Owner : nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I have searched for this information everywhere but haven't found anything helpful. I recently changed all my sofa cushions as the older ones had lost their shape and form. But I am now left with the old cushions and no one wants them. I don't just want to throw them out in the rubbish as it might be hazardous to environment. Any pointers please?

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2022
CB$
Unfortunately, foam is a hard one. Some areas may have the capability to recycle them. Best thing is to look into how to Reuse them. https://earth911.com/home-garden/7-ways-to-reuse-and-recycle-old-pillows/ This is for pillows, but may give you some ideas i.e. using them to make pet beds. Ask an animal shelter if they would take them. Post in your local newspaper if anybody could use them.

Reactions:nangk08
    Thread Owner : nangk08
nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
Thank you very much Zandraloi for the link, it is quite useful. Yes I have been told by many that it is really hard o recycle. I have seen people simply throwing them away in rubbish bins, but I didn't want to do that. I asked around and not many people were keen to accept them as donation, but the idea of posting ad or using them in animal shelter is great!

Reactions:ZandraJoi
ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2022
CB$
I hope you find something! I too love to recycle & do all I can & it irks me when I can't recycle something.

Reactions:nangk08

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.