Welcome to Chatbanter.

We're excited to have you join our forum! To access all the amazing content and services we offer, simply sign up or log in. And the best part? It's completely free to become a member!

Forumregister.com

Our community directory site is the ultimate platform for site administrators to share information about their website offerings and receive free site promotions. We provide you with the most comprehensive and valuable information from various site administrators currently advertising on our platform. Our aim is to ensure that you receive the best possible knowledge and information to help you make informed decisions about your website.

Recycling foam from cushions.

nangk08

Valued Member
Registered Member
Reaction score
CB$
I have searched for this information everywhere but haven't found anything helpful. I recently changed all my sofa cushions as the older ones had lost their shape and form. But I am now left with the old cushions and no one wants them. I don't just want to throw them out in the rubbish as it might be hazardous to environment. Any pointers please?

Unfortunately, foam is a hard one. Some areas may have the capability to recycle them. Best thing is to look into how to Reuse them. https://earth911.com/home-garden/7-ways-to-reuse-and-recycle-old-pillows/ This is for pillows, but may give you some ideas i.e. using them to make pet beds. Ask an animal shelter if they would take them. Post in your local newspaper if anybody could use them.

Thank you very much Zandraloi for the link, it is quite useful. Yes I have been told by many that it is really hard o recycle. I have seen people simply throwing them away in rubbish bins, but I didn't want to do that. I asked around and not many people were keen to accept them as donation, but the idea of posting ad or using them in animal shelter is great!

I hope you find something! I too love to recycle & do all I can & it irks me when I can't recycle something.

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now
Existing user? Sign In

If you have an account, please log in

Existing user? Sign In

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds