Plastics

    Thread Owner : Lord Saru
  • #1
Lord Saru

So recently, I came across a person whom was telling that for all these years we clotherd nature in plastic by littering it everywhere. Today, with a pandemic, nature clothed us in plastic (PPE).

While it might sound trivial, I believe that nature is taking revenge on us in so much fronts and battles.

What do you do to help the plastic problem?

Plastic should be recycled, but people are too lazy to do it - unless money is involved. Really pathetic!

Well, as you know, no money for plastic recycling, only aluminum.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

To help the plastic problem, rethink what we buy. No single use, disposable utensils, bottles, etc. Reuse produce bags. Use canvas bags for the store (I pack ours so the cashier never touched them anyways).

It is ironic that they are banning the plastic grocery bag in the supermarkets here. What they use instead is the brown paper bag. Some people seem to not understand their purpose. Why ban plastic bag when it was invented for our convenience. It is not the plastic bag that is wrong but the littering or mindless disposal. Why not have a law against those people who throw plastic in waterways and even at the sea? Why penalize decent people who shop in supermarkets only to suffer the inconvenience of carrying brown paper bags that would be torn before they reach the car? Anyway, just my thoughts. Pardon me if you are offended.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

I think of it this way- People back then lived w/o plastic just fine. They made do. Yes, it's a convenience but it comes at a great cost. There are other options to brown bags. Canvas bags. Even boxes. Costco, Sam's Club use boxes to carry out your stuff. Nothing says you can't use boxes at other stores. Some just put the items back in their cart & then put them in the boxes in their vehicle IF they don't feel comfortable taking the boxes in. I used to just grab a box here & there while I was shopping. & for those who think it's an inconvenience to take a bag IN, well, you have to carry a bag OUT don't ya?