Period are useless for me personally!

Naiwen

    Thread Owner : Naiwen
  • #1
Since I’m on birth control, and don’t want kids ever, I don’t see what use my periods are for. Planning to take some birth control shot to stop them altogether completely, a load off my mind really. I’m on manic low and have ADHD and OCD when on mine, thence why I really don’t see why I should have them every 3 weeks for 4-5 days. It’s just a stress less for me personally really indeed. @Brad P, hope it’s okay to vent about this because I’m just fed up with mine myself. I feel icky, gross and disgusting whilst on mine.

I think you should put up with having periods, it will be gone anyway when you reach your mid-30's and up. Like me, I noticed that my periods are getting shorter and the menstrual flow getting faint.

Even though you do not want children, periods are essential for a woman's health. The estrogen levels regulated by periods are essential for heart health and also general good health of female reproductive system. In case of premature stopping of periods, women are more susceptible to uterus breast cancers etc. So I suggest you should have a positive mindset and think of them as helpful factors. Do meditation, exercises, indulge in something creative such as art, gardening etc. to keep your manic symptoms at bay and general uplifting of mood.

Manic, really? We we're just talking about periods and it is quite important indeed, but of course it will lose importance once you're past the child bearing stage.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Seeing your periods are part of you being healthy. By nature women are meant to see it every month except for pregnant ladies and those that have reach menopause stage.

I did have children so I'm glad I had them but the best thing about the menopause is seeing them disappear forever! Horrible, messy, often painful. I don't miss them at all.