Pension schemes

I am looking for a investment choice in which I can invest a fixed amount every month upto 60 years of age (I am 25 and healthy now) after which I would want a monthly foxed pension given to me.

What do you think is the best investment choice I have in front of me? Do you hve any similar schemes running?

Rather than pension schemes, You can do systematic SIP in selected Mutual Funds. OR You could use the mix of the two!
Since they are heavily related to market and inflation, I would end up absorbing the risk. I dont want to take the investment risk since quick money is neither my desire nor my aim.

1. Equity MFs in long run carry not much risk. They always outperform other asset class in long run.
2. MF are not only about Equities and Risks. There are debt, forex & bullion finds. Forex and Bullion MFs carry inherent speculative risk like Equity MFs.
3. MF also provide options for degree of risk you are willing to take. MFs offer products where you can choose your debt/equity mix. A mix leaning towards debt would carry a relatively low risk.
4. As you are very young, You should start with 100% Equity MFs. You should choose a growth oriented portfolio. As you age, Gradually start your mix towards safety. Say 10% every 5 years or as per your choice. This will be a sensible path to choose.

It is a big risk to enroll in a pension plan that you will pay every month until you become 60 for your retirement. What if the insurance company gets bankrupt? And how are you sure that the money you will receive from your pension plan is still good when after the years the value of money goes down? Maybe it is better to save your money for a down payment of a lot that you will pay the balance in installments for 20 years.

I am looking for a investment choice in which I can invest a fixed amount every month upto 60 years of age (I am 25 and healthy now) after which I would want a monthly foxed pension given to me.

What do you think is the best investment choice I have in front of me? Do you hve any similar schemes running?
Based on what you have said here, I think life insurance policy will be best investment option for you. Apart from covering various happenings, accidents, death etc. life insurance policy gives you good return when it matures. Best thing about buying an insurance policy is you do not have to invest at once. You can pay little premium every year and collect big amount upon maturation.

Back
Top