Overpopulation is an issue in environmental concerns

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
Aug 4, 2020
My take on the environmental problems is the overpopulation of the earth. I wonder why authorities do not admit that the space and resources are limited so the rising number of population is still being ignored. When there are more people that use the land for their homes then the land for food productions gets smaller and smaller. There will come a time that the ratio of humans vis-a-vis resources will be on a critical level. Less people means more resources.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
Jul 30, 2020
I agree totally. Overpopulation means that much more increase in demand for everything, right from land, water, food grains, wood for construction, metals and minerals from mines etc. There is actually enough on this land for everyone's needs but not for the greed. Some people are too greedy and exploit all natural resources until they are permanently damaged and some are kept devoid of most things. So a law should be passed in all countries to contain population.

ZandraJoi

New Chatterer
Jun 29, 2020
We have the land, but I agree, humans are greedy. They take more than they should & the Earth, its creatures, & even us humans are suffering. But humans tend to live in the moment, which is good up to a point, but they don't consider the consequences to their actions.

Nabix

New Chatterer
Nov 7, 2020
I would highly recommend watch this documentary. In it, David Attenborough explains overpopulation and what can happen when we reach our 'peak'. David knocked it out of the park. This is honestly on the best documentaries I've ever watched.

Claraviolet

Real hero hidden in the darkness
Jul 25, 2020
It's not like we can do much at the moment.
Everyone is aware of overpopulation and they are taking necessary measures to control it. People used to have more than 5 siblings before but now that count is reduced to just 1 or 2(At most).

Well, we will have to try some more tips and techniques, to control this further. It's not going to be easy but it's necessary. I hope we could see some change in the near future.