Our housemaid got a common cold

    Thread Owner : Alexandoy
  • #1

The symptom of the cold is the same as covid which means we are not sure if our housemaid has covid. The doctor said that we have to observe her for 5 days. Today is the 4th day and her condition is not really much better but just slightly better. The coughing is the noted symptom with the phlegm. She is now wearing a face mask inside our home and we do not get near her as part of the safety measures. I really hope that the cold will leave her by tomorrow.

Ever since covid crisis occured, people are becoming suspicious of anyone who has cold, cough and flu symptoms. Since corona virus shows symptoms of flu and common cold, it is natural for people to stay away from people showing these symptoms. When my spouse had cold, I sent him to isolation immediately. These days we joke about that incident.

My granddaughter has had two colds since she went back to school in September but there was no cough or temperature and I didn't catch them. The school said it was acceptable for her to go in as a runny nose is not usually a symptom of Covid and none of her peers caught anything so I guess they were just common colds.. I didn't worry about it at all.

There is a difference in common cold and Coronavirus, with varying symptoms. Just watch them carefully and if she is feeling too exhausted, just give her a couple of days off and let her rest home. It will be better for you as well to stay away from her seeing you are an elderly person. Otherwise there is no need to worry.