Not yet Covid free - no time to rejoice

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
Does our people, the Filipinos have the reason to rejoice and be thankful of?

Our country's record of Covid cases have a significant improvement on the basis of recoveries. It's around 84% recoveries against the total number of cases.

Our current record of cases have reached to 324,762 and the recoveries has reached to 273,123 and deaths: 5,840.

With these performancesn, only very places are placed under selective or granular lockdown. Some places are enjoying the general community quarantine. Some are modified GCQ.

That's a bit fine for the people to enjoying this so-called new normal life. Some businesses are opened but yet strictly observing the health protocols like wearing of mask and face shield, and social distancing which are so required.

It's not time yet for them to celebrate until a vaccine is available.

nangk08

Experienced Chatterer
It indeed seems a serious situation over in Philippines, but so is it in India, UK, USA, all over the world. even Wuhan in China is facing another wave of Covid attack. So we need to be even more cautious than before and keep wearing masks at all times when out in the public.

Nocturnal Thinker

Experienced Chatterer
Yes, you are right. We should more cautious or to put firmly be extra careful.

Our latest data about this dreaded disease called Coronavirus based on 294,865 recoveries against the 351,750 Covid cases is around 84 percent. Deaths had reached to 6,531 people. The rate of recoveries is fairly good but it's no time yet to celebrate success for there are still people who are observing the health protocols strictly.

Vaccines haven't yet reached their final testing until they could be made available to the market especially to the Health Agency of every country.

What is this latest Covid case in Wuhan, China? Is it another wave of Covid is on the loose? What's wrong? This is too alarming!

sliara

New Chatterer
I think it would take quite a while for the government to come up with a legit and working vaccine for Covid 19, since the virus looks like it's here to stay.

Alexandoy

Experienced Chatterer
Top Poster Of Month
To be frank, I am not convinced that the government is doing it right with the response to the covid situation. The number of daily cases keep on hovering in the 2,000 level which is really a big number. Perhaps the authorities should pinpoint the reason of contamination. Let's say the 2,000 new cases today, define the location and the reason how they were contaminated. I am saying this because I fear that the public transportation which has a distancing of only 1 seat apart can be disastrous.

Anuj Dhawan

New Chatterer
Covid is far from done - the current situation is like everyone is waiting their turn to come - it gets really painful when you know there are your known who you lost because of covid. Though I believe governments have done their bit - it's now individual responsibility. 'Lock-down' can not be a permanent solution, economy has already slowed down. Longer lock-down will be far more dangerous for economy. Not every business can be supported from home. 'Things' have to open-up however there is a trade-off.

What can be the possible solution, for something like public transportation, I wonder!

Top