Member
Style
ChatBanter Light Canvas v2.2.0
  • #2
My Flames lost which they should have won because Winnipeg had two of their top star players not playing today due to injury.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
I haven't been keeping tabs too much on the qualifying round games, but watching my Dallas Stars right now, and after a frustrating first 30 mins or so, the flood gates opened at they got three quick goals. Here's hoping they can finish off this game with a strong third period!

OP

  • #6
As it turns out, they had an epic third period collapse...managed to lose 5-3.

Yes I saw that. Crazy! The Oilers last night collapsed too they gave up 2 goals late in the game to lose.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
Yes I saw that. Crazy! The Oilers last night collapsed too they gave up 2 goals late in the game to lose.
I think the only team that's surprising me more than Dallas on the playing poorly front is Nashville, I expected a lot out of them, and they're just going quietly into that good night so far. On the opposite side of things, Vegas are looking like the team to beat in the West, IMO. Very dominant.

  • #8
I am happy my Flames won last night they are moving on to the next round!! The Leafs and Oilers have to win today to stay alive.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
I was a bit shocked the Jets went down so easily, but I suppose that's what happens when you lose two massive players like Scheifele and Laine. Big, big losses there, and the Flames absolutely made them pay.

  • #10
Oilers lost to Chicago and now they are finished. Oiler fans must be stunned to see the Flames still in the playoffs and using their arena while the Oilers are out.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
It seems Dallas and Vancouver are going to face off in the opening round of the actual playoffs, since the loser of tomorrow's Blues/Stars game will face them and Dallas are definitely not looking super likely to win.

  • #12
It seems Dallas and Vancouver are going to face off in the opening round of the actual playoffs, since the loser of tomorrow's Blues/Stars game will face them and Dallas are definitely not looking super likely to win.

Dallas should be able to beat Vancouver unless the Canucks goalie Markstrom is stellar.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
Dallas should be able to beat Vancouver unless the Canucks goalie Markstrom is stellar.
I'd say they should, and on goaltending alone they should out-defend the Canucks, but the scoring is so inconsistent and their defense when they have a lead is atrocious. I'm worried they won't be able to maintain a lead, and Canucks have enough options to expose the defensive lapses that keep showing up. So...fingers crossed, but I'm expecting a not-so-favourable outcome.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
...well, Dallas certainly defied my expectations and pulled the win out today, meaning they'll face the Flames and the Blues will face the Canucks. Dallas/Calgary is going to be one tough series!

  • #15
...well, Dallas certainly defied my expectations and pulled the win out today, meaning they'll face the Flames and the Blues will face the Canucks. Dallas/Calgary is going to be one tough series!
Looks like our teams will be battling each other. Flames and Stars! Should be a good series. The Flames were 2-1 against the Stars during the season.

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
Looks like our teams will be battling each other. Flames and Stars! Should be a good series. The Flames were 2-1 against the Stars during the season.
It's definitely going to be a very interesting series, that's for sure! Dallas aren't as strong under Bowness as they were under Montgomery, and while they're improving slightly as the post season goes along, they're nowhere near where they were earlier in the year. I'm hoping for a decent series!

  • #17
Today is game 2 @PGen98 hope my Flames beat your Stars again 😁

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
In all likelihood they will, but I'm hoping Dallas at least puts up a good effort!

  • #19
In all likelihood they will, but I'm hoping Dallas at least puts up a good effort!
Dallas ended up winning..Flames made it close though we will see what happens tonight!

PGen98

Moderator
Style
ChatBanter Light v2.2.2
Dallas ended up winning..Flames made it close though we will see what happens tonight!
Yeah, Calgary did not make that win easy, and Dallas looked determined to throw it away. Going to make tonight very interesting, though I assume Calgary goes with Rittich in net, who has been fairly good against Dallas in his career.