Need recommendations!

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1

I wanna see something I haven't seen before that is either simple but good quality comedy or an in-depth story that captivates me and takes me on a journey.
Please suggest that type of movie.

Suggestions?

Sweerie_banana

I loved House Of Payne, they have a nice storyline plus its a comedy.

Not knowing what you've seen before makes it difficult to know what to recommend, but on the comedy side I will stand by any of the Cornetto Trilogy films (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World's End), or some of their side projects like Cuban Fury, Paul, Run Fatboy Run, etc.

As for the story side of things, it really depends what sort of story you're looking for. Traitor is a great film that not many people seem to have seen, My Name is Khan is a fantastic story that gets very little attention, The Great Raid is a somewhat underrated war story that's worth a watch, My Boy Jack is neat look at Rudyard Kipling's son during the first World War, the Book Thief is an amazing book and the movie adaptation is quite good, Mr. Holmes is a phenomenal take on Sherlock Holmes later years where he deals with losing his memory (Ian McKellen is just perfection in this role), The Wind That Shakes the Barley is a great look at the Irish fight for freedom from British rule (good reminder to us Brits that we're really just evil people :D)...there's a fair few recommendations, but as I don't know your preferences or what you've already seen, I don't know if these will be to your liking or not!