Welcome To Our Community!

Chatbanter is a general discussion site giving you many options for discussion and a little fun, enjoy colored usernames, special userbars and an open fun community so let's chat about what matters to you right now.

Nature vs Nurture

Thread Owner : LunarScorpio
LunarScorpio

LunarScorpio

Valued Member
Jun 28, 2020
dreamcityrpg.com
CB$
The nature vs nurture debate has been going on for decades. The basics of the debate are looking at which aspects of behaviors are either inherited or acquired. Nature refers to our genetics, what we’re born with and other biological factors. Nurture looks at the external factors after conception like life experiences and what is learned and what one is exposed to. So now it’s your turn to enter into the debate: does nature or nurture have a greater influence on your behavior?

Reactions:ZandraJoi
Davidisms

Davidisms

Valued Member
Jun 30, 2020
CB$
We all have basic characteristics we are born with for sure. But, journey and exposure of an individual molds us all. Some may not, But Most of us all evolve to some degree.

It will all depend upon awareness one was born with and what path it takes from then on.

ZandraJoi

ZandraJoi

Valued Member
Jan 3, 2022
CB$
I believe they are equal. Some people get lung cancer but never smoked. Flipside 90 y/o who's been smoking all her life.
Some people focus too much on one side. "Well, my family are all alcoholics so I may else well drink too, can't fight genetics." They tend to use it as a scapegoat. I believe how you are raised has a tremendous effect on how it shapes you & you may have to work harder, but things can be fought & won.
I speak from personal family experience :-)

S

Sylvie Tim

Valued Member
Jul 23, 2020
CB$
I think the nuture has a bigger role in personality development becuase much is learned from our environment and people we surround ourselves with
We all have basic characteristics we are born with for sure. But, journey and exposure of an individual molds us all. Some may not, But Most of us all evolve to some degree.

It will all depend upon awareness one was born with and what path it takes from then on.

J

Jayson

Valued Member
Jun 20, 2020
CB$
I think both play a role. However, remember a lot of people dismiss the spirit realm.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Valued Member
Dec 13, 2020
CB$
Our real identity is now we are brought up. Every location has there own culture. My advise is to respect others way of life as that is there own nature.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Aug 4, 2020
CB$
If you mean heredity and environment then I would say it is both when it comes to the effect on the development of a person. I inherited the traits of my ancestors but I have somehow changed it because of the environment. My ancestors are small but I am the tallest in our clan maybe because of what I was eating during my formative years.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Jul 30, 2020
CB$
I think it is a mix both generally speaking, but some people nature plays dominant role and for some nurture does. For example, I have read about examples of how some cases of kids who were adopted by some gentle loving couple, they gave those kids good education, brought them up as their own, but somehow the kids turned towards their dark nature and tried to harm the very people who raised them. So I think it depends on individuals who they cope with the nurture part or give in to their nature.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.