Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Name one famous monument of your country that best represents your country's heritage and culture.

The title itself is explanatory. My favorite monument in my country is the Ellora cave temples. These temples are cut into hard rock and are an example of excellent craftsmanship. The entire temple complex was built in a span of about 200 years. The largest and finest temple among them is the Kailas rock temple, which was built from top to bottom, a seemingly unparalleled feat and was carved out of a single monolith! There were several hundreds of fine elephant carvings and other statues that were most cruelly destroyed by Islamic invaders, yet what remaining structures remain are magnificent and beautiful! Picture of the Kailas temple attached.

Attachments

  • 1226106.jpg
    1226106.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 53