myopia

Thread Owner : Mildredtabitha
M

Mildredtabitha

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
does anyone have myopia here.I have myopia and i was wondering will it get cured by itself without eye surgery or lenses.I also was told by some people that glasses on make it worse.whats your experience on that.

sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Myopia, otherwise known as short sight means you can see things close up but not in the distance. You can actually get laser treatment as long as it's not too severe but it is very expensive. My brother in law went to Prague to get a new lens put in each eye and he said it was like having young eyes again (he is in his 60s). It is much cheaper over there than it is in the UK. It carries a slight risk but for him it worked perfectly.

Reactions:nangk08
S

sliara

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
I have myopia since I was 18, and I now wear eyeglasses. I don't think it can be reversed once you have it and you would need to wear eyeglasses.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
What I have is astigmatism that gives me headache when I am not wearing my glasses. I think astigmatism is the lack of synchronization for the pair of eyes so that the brain is overworked in interpreting what the eyes had seen. Anyway, my eyes are not really having difficulty with the grade, it is just astigmatism that I had to wear the glasses.

nangk08

nangk08

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
Myopia can be corrected using lenses or glasses and not wearing any might worsen the condition. So do get an eye consult and fit yourself with proper glasses or lenses as soon as possible.

sprite1950

sprite1950

Valued Member
Reaction score
CB$
does anyone have myopia here.I have myopia and i was wondering will it get cured by itself without eye surgery or lenses.I also was told by some people that glasses on make it worse.whats your experience on that.
You could wear contact lenses if your eyes will tolerate them. Myopia is very easy to correct with contacts. I have Amblyopia which is where the brain sends the wrong messages to the eye and causes a sight defect and I can wear glasses or contact lenses but if you don't want to wear any kind of lens you will strain your eyes and your sight could deteriorate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.