Welcome to Chatbanter.

Forumregister.com

Question My Name is Crystal, Ask Me Anything!

Might as well jump right in, eh? I'm PGen98, also known as Chris, I'm 33 and I'm originally from Bolton, England -- ask me anything!

Edited -- Please note I am no longer known as Chris, having come out as trans. I am Crystal ;)

Last edited:
Well Well Well we have our very first ask me anything.
When surfing the internet you found this site what made you sign up? was there something that caught your eye.

In truth I found this forum through another forum that Brad was also a member of. I saw the work he was putting in here, that it was a general themed site and decided to give it a go! It's a friendly community starting to form here and I've always liked when I find a site with a good group of people using it. :)

Agreed, he certainly has!

I've been in the forum game since 1996, at least interacting on them, then I started actually tinkering with them in 2000, opened up my first ezBoard back when they were a thing. I moved to vBulletin 2 in 2001 and have had at least one forum running ever since, of varying subject matters (gaming, tech, general, anime, etc.). I still run a couple for other people and own one small forums that's dedicated to a small group of friends who met on the site of youtuber who specializes in the EA NHL video games. We spun off from their site when it started heading downhill and we've just been chatting away ever since. That's my only one running at the moment :)

I am in South West England (a place called Chippenham in Wiltshire). You say you are originally from Bolton but where are you now? I promise I won't stalk you ?

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona in the US at the moment :D

Born in Bolton, moved to Bristol, spent a decent bit of time in Pontypridd, a fair bit of time in Helsinki, then back to Bristol and then off to the US (California -> Arkansas -> Texas -> Arizona with visits all over the country during that time). I'm well traveled, though in all honesty I think I would eventually like to move back to the UK...nobody out here but myself, my sister, my father and my mother who is slowly fading further and further away to dementia each day. Wouldn't mind going back home eventually to have some family close by.

Bristol is very close to where I live. I understand your yearning to come home and be close to your family especially as your mum has dementia. My mother had it too and it is a cruel disease. Don't leave it too long. ?

Yeah, it's something I would absolutely love to do, that extra family around would just be quite nice, particularly at this point in time. I'm my mother's full time caregiver, so each day I see her fading further and further away. She still knows that she knows me, but doesn't actually know who I am, and it's very difficult having her ask the same question 10 times a minute, or constantly getting up to "go home" because she thinks she lives in the children's home she lived in when she was young. It gets tougher and tougher every day and I feel like having that extra layer of family around might actually help to settle her down a little bit more.

Yeah, it's something I would absolutely love to do, that extra family around would just be quite nice, particularly at this point in time. I'm my mother's full time caregiver, so each day I see her fading further and further away. She still knows that she knows me, but doesn't actually know who I am, and it's very difficult having her ask the same question 10 times a minute, or constantly getting up to "go home" because she thinks she lives in the children's home she lived in when she was young. It gets tougher and tougher every day and I feel like having that extra layer of family around might actually help to settle her down a little bit more.
That does sound tough. My mother always knew who I was but she forgot relatives she didn't see as often like my daughter and the repetition is very common. My mum used to make up stories that she believed were real although they were too outrageous to be true.

I used to work in an old people's home where a lady every day used to say she had to go and make her husband's tea and see to her children. Her husband had been dead for years and her children were grown but in her own way she was happy in her little world. Their long term memory lives on within them.

Hope you get to see your family soon.?

Sign Up

Register now
Existing user? Sign In