Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
686
Reaction score
111
CB$
20,844
I bought a laptop 2 years ago and it suddenly wouldn't boot anymore. Since there was no power so my first suspicion was the battery. I brought it to a technician who made a thorough inspection. The verdict – dead motherboard. It is sad if that is true so I got a second and even 3rd opinion but all those technicians said the same thing. The only option is to have the motherboard replaces at a cost in the same amount as I bought my laptop on sale. No deal. The dead laptop is now in the stock room.

That's unfortunate, but does seem to fit in line with some of the bigger brands out there. Get them on board and get their money, give them something serviceable and then get them on board for another one, and another one, and another one.

I bought a laptop 2 years ago and it suddenly wouldn't boot anymore. Since there was no power so my first suspicion was the battery. I brought it to a technician who made a thorough inspection. The verdict – dead motherboard. It is sad if that is true so I got a second and even 3rd opinion but all those technicians said the same thing. The only option is to have the motherboard replaces at a cost in the same amount as I bought my laptop on sale. No deal. The dead laptop is now in the stock room.

That is brutal buddy. Only 2 years? I hear of these things happening. Maybe you should buy a dekstop instead? They last alot longer..I have had mine for 8 years

The biggest thing that kills a laptop, in my experience, is heat.
How do you use it, desk or on your lap?

Two years? Seriously? That's not acceptable by modern standards. At all.
The fact that the motherboard died after two years shows that it wasn't built well, or it wasn't the best quality.

Two years isn't acceptable at all! Had you opted for extended warranty?
The vendor is a friend which makes it worse. She said that the 1-year warranty had elapsed and she couldn't do anything about it. The laptop was on sale. If we would have the motherboard replaced it will cost us 30,000 pesos, that's $600 which is the same cost of a new one. I brought the laptop to 3 technicians already and the same verdict was given - broken motherboard.

Back
Top