What's new

Mountain climbing is anti environment

Alexandoy

Member
I have read in one article that mountain climbers are affecting the environment particularly the nature in the mountain. There is a saying that when you go to the forest or the mountain what you take are pictures and what you leave are only your footprints. Do you think mountain climbers do not leave trash? It makes me wonder if mountain climbers are aware of their effect on nature.

luri

Member
Our government is so much commercializing Everest that during the peak season, the traffic in Everest is so heavy that there will be no place to set your foot properly. These climbers are also leaving behind so much trash that sometimes back there was a campaign carried on just to bring down the trash from Everest. People are complaining that government should limit Everest climbers but the government cannot do that because Everest brings a lot of revenue.

nangk08

Member
Our government is so much commercializing Everest that during the peak season, the traffic in Everest is so heavy that there will be no place to set your foot properly. These climbers are also leaving behind so much trash that sometimes back there was a campaign carried on just to bring down the trash from Everest. People are complaining that government should limit Everest climbers but the government cannot do that because Everest brings a lot of revenue.
I read an article once in a Reader's Digest issue that Mount Everest is now more a graveyard for dead climbers with more dead frozen bodies surfacing after snow storms and avalanches. Many climbers have also disclosed how they used to encounter several long dead bodies while climbing to the top. Also there are tonnes and tonnes of oxygen cylinders, tents, snow gears, food packaging and horrifyingly, frozen human faeces that is littered on the slopes of this mountain. I think there should be some kind of policy or strict regulation implemented to clean the mountain and to restrict further littering of Mount Everest.

luri

Member
I read an article once in a Reader's Digest issue that Mount Everest is now more a graveyard for dead climbers with more dead frozen bodies surfacing after snow storms and avalanches. Many climbers have also disclosed how they used to encounter several long dead bodies while climbing to the top. Also there are tonnes and tonnes of oxygen cylinders, tents, snow gears, food packaging and horrifyingly, frozen human faeces that is littered on the slopes of this mountain. I think there should be some kind of policy or strict regulation implemented to clean the mountain and to restrict further littering of Mount Everest.
That's right. Since the Himalayas are natural refrigerators, people who died while climbing Mount Everest, feces the climbers left, leftover foods, etc. are well preserved in the Everest area. Collecting dead bodies from Everest costs a lot of money, therefore, when a porter dies in Everest no one bothers to airlift the body. Therefore Everest is also littered with dead bodies. Collecting garbage from Everest costs a lot of money and the government is only concerned about collecting climbing fees.