LOGIN SIGN UP FREE!

Idea More forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Saru
New Chatterer

I think we need to diversify into more forums like that of politics, science and technology, history, paranormal events and things like that.

I agree that we are having a number of good categorized forums but we need more.

Just my heads up.

Brad P
Administrative

I disagree with the groupings actually.

Its logical to have 'Health and Lifestye' (decouple lifetsyle and environment forum into health and lifestyle forum and environment forum) as a single section and 'Business and non profit ventures' as another section (by merging the too)

Then News and Politics (as single forum) and debates as a new forum.

That would be the most logical grouping.
I have put Health and Lifestyle together and Environment separate, i think we should slowly add more when we get more active members online, for now i think that covers most.

Zakalwe
New Chatterer

The problem with adding more and more forums is it acts as dilution of content. Personally, I'd keep fewer busier forums rather than risk the casual visitor seeing a list of half-empty / half-active forums and be put off joining a great community.

PGen98
Experienced Chatterer

The problem with adding more and more forums is it acts as dilution of content. Personally, I'd keep fewer busier forums rather than risk the casual visitor seeing a list of half-empty / half-active forums and be put off joining a great community.
I'm inclined to agree with this. Thread prefixes can easily sort out content until the need to separate more popular content into a separate forum arises. Also I'd be very, VERY careful about adding religion into the mix. Potential minefield there...

Brad P
Administrative

Agreed, its not going to be added into the community, we have enough here to keep us all busy :)

I will close this thread for the moment, thank you all for helping adding to the site.

Brad P
Administrative

How's this look all
unknown-1.png

PGen98
Experienced Chatterer

Pretty much as expected, most definitely. You may want to play it safe and create a usergroup for 18+ that automatically adds users who have their birthdates listed, and then simply not mention that it exists, so young'ns aren't tempted to alter their birthdates. That way you're covering yourself a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top