Modem or Router!

    Thread Owner : Neutral Nova
  • #1
These days, both modem and router are vital gadgets for us.

Do you know?
What's the Difference between modem and router?
Or,
How does a modem respond?
How does a router respond?

There's a big difference. The modem is the main server of internet while router serves as an extension.

In layman's term, the modem is the source and the router is the transmitter.

  • Like
Reactions:PGen98 and Neutral Nova

I had learned about the modem and router when I was working in the bank in 1999 up to 2003. The modem is actually the Modulator/Demodulator which converts the round waves from the source into the square waves that computer can understand and vice versa. The router is just like the electrical extension sockets or surge protector where you plug it to an electrical socket that will provide more sockets. However, the router has a maximum number of wifi or wired users although for the home I think the maximum is sufficient.